Manager of Research
Department:: Office of Research and Planning
Locations:: Des Plaines / Skokie, IL
Posted:: Jun 12, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full Time Staff
About Oakton Community College :
For over 40 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, plan, coordinate and implement institutional research projects and program reviews. Provide professional support and technical assistance to faculty, administrators, staff, regional, state, federal and other external agencies in planning and implementing research and assessment projects.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop, coordinate, and maintain an annual calendar of institutional research activities
2. Provide data support for research and planning-related activities, such as strategic planning, strategic enrollment management, program review, grant development, and outcomes assessment.
3. Assess research needs and feasibility of proposed research projects, serving as a consultant to administrators, faculty, staff and external agencies.
4. Design and implement research projects using methodologies such as survey research, focus groups and secondary source analysis. In this capacity serve as primary liaison with external market research supply firms that provide services such as implementation of telephone surveys and data entry.
5. Prepare annual reports on behalf of the College for state and federal agencies.
6. Represent the College at various regional, state and national professional workshops and meetings, including meetings related to such subjects as ICCB and IBHE projects, federal data dissemination and analysis, U.S. census data, and labor market information.
7. Perform analytical institutional research, including analyzing and interpreting data regarding enrollment, demographics, student success, and other related measures.
8. Write research results reports for internal distribution, state agencies and/or presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
9. Design, maintain, manipulate, and query databases, data warehouses, and statistical programs for research and planning.
10. Design and prepare statistical charts, tables and graphs using computer software application programs including Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
11. Work with Information Technology staff to design, maintain, and update data bases in support of research and assessment, including data warehouses and linkages between Banner and application software (SAS, SQL, etc).
12. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Administrative supervision is received from the Executive Director of Research and Planning.
Functional supervision is exercised over Research Analyst.
1. Master's degree in a discipline in the behavioral sciences, higher education or marketing where research was a component or the equivalent in experience and background from which similar knowledge and ability can be acquired.
2. Three years of experience in behavioral science research, including two years of experience using statistical software.
3. One year project management experience.
4. Demonstrated ability to use standard office computer and telecommunication software packages and to program in SAS, SPSS, or comparable statistical software packages(SAS preferred).
5. Demonstrated strong communications and analytical skills, the ability to maintain ahigh level of confidentiality, and the ability to work in a culturally
6. In addition, it is highly desirable for the individual to have experience working with large institutional databases in a higher education environment.
7. Experience working with Banner student information system preferred.
Salary: $64,025 annually
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:15am - 5:00pm
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.