Trades Tech - Plumber
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Trades Tech - Plumber Department Facilities Posting Number 03203P Location Annandale, VA: 22003 Full or Part Time Full Time Position End Date (if temporary) Required Travel Relocation Covered Salary Range $48,000 - $56,000 Position Summary Information Basic Function
Performs maintenance, installation and repairs for plumbing, electrical and mechanical equipment systems on campus, while providing technical guidance to other workers and the Facility Manager. Work with plumber/steamfitter projects. Work with little supervision while following all health and safety standards. Work in a diverse college settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products.
Serve as a trades specialist performing repairs, and partnering with other trades.
Functions in a lead capacity for all group plumber/steamfitter projects. Repairs and maintains plumbing fixtures and equipment on campus. Repairs and maintains fire protection system on campus. Maintains all regulatory documentation associated with these items. Maintains underground systems to include sewers, grease traps and irrigation systems. Inspect facilities daily and conduct repairs or maintenance as needed. Serve as a main technical advisor for the college campus on all plumbing related topics.Minimum Qualifications
• High School Graduate or equivalent
• Significant years of experience within the plumbing trade.
• Some hands-on experience in electrical field.
• Experience working with computers. applications, including Microsoft office suite.
• Valid Driver’s license and a good driving record.
• Journeyman Trade Plumbing License.
• Experience in Fire Sprinklers Systems and Lawn irrigation systems
• Successfully completed plumbing apprenticeship program.
Ability to work with little or no supervision and make sound decisions independently.
Considerable knowledge of all aspects of heating and plumbing operations. Skills: Considerable skill in the use of plumbing tools including hand tools, pipe threading machines, heating and soldering torches, drills, roto-hammers, and sewer rodding machines. Demonstrated ability to read and work from blueprints, to diagnose and repair water and steam lines and boilers to work from ladders and scaffolds, to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair water systems. Ability to provide leadership and technical guidance.
Knowledge of Word, Outlook, Microsoft Office Suites, TMA. Ability to communicate proficiently in English language. Knowledge of basic math to perform day-to-day tasks. Ability to lift 25 lbs on a regular basis. Ability to function in close quarters, or cramped environment. Ability to read technical documents and drawings. Ability to follow safety guidelines at all times. Ability to be detail oriented. Possession of excellent mechanical, critical thinking and communication skills. Ability to show physical endurance, while performing lifting tasks.
Please upload a copy of your current driver’s license in the “Other documents” requirement.Background Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a High School Diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have significant years of experience within the plumbing trade?
- * Do you have hands-on experience in the electrical field?
- * Do you have experience working with computers and various computer applications; including Microsoft office suite?
- * Do you have a valid Driver’s license and a good driving record?
- * Do you have a Journeyman Trade Plumbing license?
- * Do you have experience in Fire Sprinklers Systems and Lawn irrigation systems?
- * Have you successfully completed plumbing apprenticeship program?
- Other Document
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application