Bookstore Clerk (Internal Applicants Only)
Position Title:Bookstore Clerk (Internal Applicants Only) Position Number:10066570 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Gainesville General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Bookstore Clerk on the Gainesville campus.The Bookstore Clerk will participate in assisting bookstore both on the Gainesville and Cumming campuses. Work involves processing mail orders, cashiering, stocking inventory, and assisting the Textbook Manager with inventory levels during high volume times. This employee will exercise some discretion and judgement with established policies and procedures. This position will follow under the direction of the Assistant Store Manager.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Bookstore Clerk will:
- Customer Service, sales oriented, cash handling, detail oriented and organized
- Use bookstore software to process mail orders, look up inventory information, make requests, filing transfers, assist with textbook processes, organization, and charges
- Assist Management with specialized duties
- Work with little or no supervision
- Present at all Student Orientations
- Assist with all Engraving.
- Must have basic computer skills, cash handling, customer service skills, ability to work with little or no supervision, good written and verbal skills.
- High School diploma GED
- Previous basic retail experience and cash handling preferred
- Experience with textbooks
- Experience working with the public and posess basic supervisory skills, WinPrism experience preferred.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.