Assistant Professor of French Tenure-Track (Fall 2019) Internal Candidates Only
Position Title:Assistant Professor of French Tenure-Track (Fall 2019) Internal Candidates Only Position Number:10042275 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Multi-Campus General Summary:
The Department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of North Georgia invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position as Assistant Professor of French to begin on August 1, 2019.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach a wide range of undergraduate courses in French and Francophone language and literature, with a minimum course load of 24 credit hours per academic year.
- The ability to successfully incorporate technology at all levels of instruction is highly desirable.
- Additional teaching opportunities are possible during the summer.
- Earned doctorate in French Language, French Linguistics, French Language pedagogy, French Literature, or a closely related field in hand by August 2019
- Native or near-native proficiency in French and English
- Excellent record of prior teaching experience at a U.S. institution
- A strong commitment to undergraduate teaching, service across the institution, scholarly activity, and the enhancement of the French Program.
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a multi-language environment, to organize cultural activities for students both in and outside of the classroom and, when necessary, to teach on multiple campuses
- Experience with proficiency-oriented instruction.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check. Employer Information:All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.