2019-2020 CAMP Resident Assistant - Institutional Student Worker
Position Title:2019-2020 CAMP Resident Assistant - Institutional Student Worker Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:07/12/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a CAMP Resident Assistant. The role of the Resident Assistant (RA) for the CAMP Program is that of a live-on liaison between the Student Affairs Staff, CAMP staff and UNG CAMP residents. The RA’s primary functions are to offer peer assistance and directions to residents, to provide opportunities to continue learning outside of the classroom, to enforce community standards and residence life policies, and to report maintenance and safety issues to the proper departments. RAs must also demonstrate a commitment to the goals of the Residence Life Program as well as an adherence to UNG Policy. RAs are required to attend scheduled Training sessions/meeting/activities. Weekday/Weekend/holiday duty shifts required.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Be responsible for community development through peer assistant. Plan and implement programming activities throughout each semester.
- Oversee and assist in leading the CAMP RHA as Vice-president.
- Participate in training and opening/closing activities within each semester.
- Enforce community standards and Residence Life policies.
- Assist in planning and implement CAMP programming activities during the academic year with the Migrant Student Union.
- Report maintenance and safety issues to the proper departments
- Know and abide by university policies, housing policies and housing contract terms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
RAs must possess several attributes that will allow them to carry out these duties properly and effectively:
- Leadership abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to the needs of others
- Time Management
- Good Judgment
- Computer Skills
- Teamwork Skills
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- At least one (1) semester living inside a residence hall
- Prior leadership experience
- Experience with event planning and working with budgets is preferred
- Must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA while being in good standing with the University of North Georgia (financial, judicial and/or academic)
- Must complete a housing contract and assume all financial/legal obligations related to the contract
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.