Conversational English Instructor - Continuing Education
Position Title:Conversational English Instructor - Continuing Education Position Number:10059522 Benefits Eligible:No Campus Location:Gainesville Job Close Date:07/02/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Conversational English Instructor in the Continuing Education Department. In this condensed class, the instructor will teach pronunciation and basic grammar along with communicative English needed for employment and everyday conversations. Instructor is responsible for developing curriculum and lesson plans.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Conversational English Instructor will:
- Develop curriculum for the course including any supplemental material needed.
- Provide students the necessary tools needed to learn or enhance their English vocabulary.
- Provide a hands-on class environment allowing students of all skill levels the ability to gain new knowledge.
- Along with general conversational terms, the Conversational English Instructor determines the interests of students in the class and provides vocabulary terms to fit those needs.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Conversational English course.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- One year of teaching English in a classroom environment and/or working with English speaking adult learners preferred.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.