Limited Term Tutoring Lab Coordinator
Position Title:Limited Term Tutoring Lab Coordinator Position Number:10042568 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:07/02/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Limited Term Tutoring Lab Coordinator on the Dahlonega Campus. The Tutoring Lab Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Language Lab on the UNG Dahlonega Campus and will report directly to the Language Lab Director as well as coordinate uniformity of lab operations with respective Lab Coordinators on Gainesville/Oconee Campuses. This will include hiring and training student lab assistants and managing their performance in the language lab as well as developing/implementing innovative virtual language lab activities for students and assisting with grading of lab activities and supervising tutoring activities within the lab.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Tutoring Lab Coordinator will:
- Hire & train lab assistants on lab procedures and practices and evaluate their performance.
- Instruct students on the use of lab materials and equipment, provide technical support as needed.
- Coordinate feedback on activities submitted in the lab.
- Conduct workshops and train lab assistant to conduct workshops
- Assist language learners with their language lab tasks and other language learning related questions.
- Assist Lab Director and language faculty in D2L course creation/maintenance in relation to coordinated lab activities prior to each semester (including summer sessions).
- Make recommendations to Lab Director regarding practices and procedures within the lab, such as discovering and implementing innovative technological tools for lab activities as well as provide monthly auto-evaluations of personal job performance.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have demonstrated knowledge/experience with the D2L LMS platform, MS Word, MS Excel and language laboratory systems (Sanako, Sans) as well as the ability to utilize and promote new technology resources.
- Ability to hire/manage a team of undergraduate student lab assistants and promote interpersonal harmony in the language lab among students, student assistants, faculty and staff.
- Bachelor's Degree (in Education or language preferred)
- Two (2+) years of experience in university language laboratory setting preferred.
- Possess a current state of Georgia driver’s license and clean driving record
- Excellent written/spoken communication in English required as well as advanced or near-native fluency in either Spanish or French
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.