Lecturer in Russian (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Lecturer in Russian (Fall 2019) Position Number:10044276 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega General Summary:
The Department of Modern and Classical Languages at the University of North Georgia invites applicants for a Full-time Lectureship (with benefits) in Russian, primarily on its Dahlonega campus. This position is for the 2018-19 academic year and, contingent upon enrollments and budgetary support, is projected to be renewable.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach a wide range of undergraduate courses in Russian language and literature, with a minimum course load of 24 credit hours per academic year.
- Teaching assignments may extend to other campuses.
- The ability to successfully incorporate technology at all levels of instruction is highly desirable.
- Earned Master’s degree in Russian Language, Russian Linguistics, Russian Language pedagogy, Russian Literature, or a closely related field in hand by August 2019
- Native or near-native proficiency in Russian and English
- Excellent record of prior teaching experience at a U.S. institution, preferably in teaching Russian as a foreign language
- A strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and the enhancement of the Russian program
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a multi-language environment; to organize cultural activities for students both in and outside of the classroom; to offer evening or on-line classes, and to coordinate or teach in intensive immersion courses and programs, including Summer Language Institutes.
- Experience with proficiency-oriented instruction.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check Employer Information:All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.