Part-time Accompanist – Music (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Part-time Accompanist – Music (Fall 2019) Position Number:HR:10065011/BUD:10043337 Benefits Eligible:No Campus Location:Multi-Campus General Summary:
The University of North Georgia Department of Music seeks applicants to serve as part-time accompanists.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development, and community engagements opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associates degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Part Time Accompanist will:
- Play for student lessons and rehearsals
- Play for student juries and general recital performances
- Play for faculty or guest artist recitals and master classes
- Accompany ensembles
- Support for studio and/or other academic courses
- Play for student auditions
- Must have strong sight-reading skills
- Bachelor’s degree in piano or equivalent professional experience required, masters preferred
- Two (2) years of collaborative piano/accompanying experience
- The position requires some evening and weekend availability.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.