Assistant Director, Career Services - Employer Engagement
Position Title:Assistant Director, Career Services - Employer Engagement Position Number:10044525 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:07/05/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Director of Career Services for Employer Engagement on the Dahlonega campus. The Assistant Director of Career Services for Employer Engagement strategically cultivates relationships among corporate, non-profit, and community representatives in an effort to increase employment opportunities for UNG students and alums. The Assistant Director improves awareness of UNG career services, and facilitates employer connections and engagement with the UNG campuses and will manage employer interactions with UNG job platforms. This position also serves students seeking internships or mentoring, preparing them for search, connection, and success.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Assistant Director, Career Services - Employer Engagement will:
- Build strategic relationships with new and existing regional, national and global employers; assist with employer diversity recruitment needs; promote adherence to office procedures, interview protocols, Keep Director updated on relevant employer trends.
- Collaborate with college liaisons and faculty/staff to increase internship and job opportunities for UNG students/alums; facilitate relationships between employers and the university community, including students, faculty, staff, alumni association and foundation development officers.
- Conduct ongoing assessment and reporting of employer engagement efforts, employment opportunities, labor market trends, recruitment activities, and related areas; co-lead graduate outcomes data collection efforts
- Participate in various local, regional, state and national organizations to increase employment opportunities for students and alumni.
- Design and develop marketing communication/materials for employers, including website content, social media, brochures, promotional items, and related.
- Participate in development and administration of Career Services Advisory Board and mentoring program, including recruitment, training, problem-solving, and assessment
- Provide advising/coaching to students seeking internships or mentors/employer connections; prepare students via appointments, workshops/online courses, and/or training materials; other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Dynamic and professional demeanor
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Data collection and analytical skill
- Social media skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a broad range of internal and external constituents
- Knowledge of labor market trends and campus recruiting practices
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Psychology or related area. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three (3) years of corporate or university career services experience. Demonstrated success in campus recruiting or employer relations, business development/marketing, and strategic planning; experience with talent acquisition or career management systems (Handshake) a plus.
- Student advising experience a plus
- Qualtrics or similar survey/data management a plus.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.