Administrative Assistant to the AVP/Dean of Students
Position Title:Administrative Assistant to the AVP/Dean of Students Position Number:10043190 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:07/02/2019 Salary Minimum:$18.34 / hour General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant to the AVP/Dean of Students on the Dahlonega campus. The Administrative Assistant to the AVP/Dean of Students will serve as the front line contact for the Dean of Students Office for a wide range of issues. Although this position manages the office processes and communications, it also contains important public relations responsibilities, including providing wellness outreach to students in crisis. This position manages student conduct files from creation to disposition handling many communications with minimal direct supervision. This position handles a wide variety of information and responsibilities requiring strong multi-tasking abilities. Good judgement and confidentiality are required in this position.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant to the AVP/Dean of Students will:
- Serve as the front line contact for students, parents, community, faculty, and staff regarding student concerns reported to the Dean of Students office. This requires handling sensitive information with extreme attention to detail via written correspondence, phone calls, and in-person contact.
- Manage student conduct electronic files including scheduling appointments with Conference Officers and/or Hearing Committees; tracking student sanctions until complete.
- Run assessment reports regarding Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT), student support, hardship withdrawals, Residence Policy waiver reports, and student conduct including Clery reporting information.
- Use sound judgement and discretion to manage, support and triage individuals regarding the wellness outreach to students in crisis, students with illness or other health concerns. Determine the appropriate way to help address and resolve related student situations and concerns.
- Manage the calendars of the Dean of Students and Assistant Dean of Students including arranging scheduled and Ad Hoc meetings and conferences.
- Manage Dean of Students-Dahlonega budget, including maintaining inventory and supplies, processing purchase orders, travel. Provide budget information to and other departments reporting through AVP/DOS – DAH. Manage the transactions with the Parents & Family Association through the Foundation account related to the reimbursement of personal funds spent by the officers.
- Support the Orientation and Transition Programs staff during orientations and Family Day. Support Parent Family Association by making deposits following orientations and processing check reimbursements for PFA committee members.
- Serve on various University Committee representing Student Affairs and advocating for new student needs.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills and strong customer cervice skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage work-load, and meet deadlines
- Ability to use diplomacy in dealing with students, parents, faculty, and staff.
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; or an equivalent amount of education and experience required.
- Two (2) years of experience working in a significant administrative role that handles sensitive information
- Customer service training
- Banner experience preferred
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.