Head Equipment Manager/Athletics
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number SF00804 Job Title Head Equipment Manager/Athletics Position Number 106993 FTE 1.00 FLSA Exempt Position Type Professional Staff Union PSA/NEA - Professional Staff Assoc Pay Grade Level 10 Pay Grade Range $54,357 - $68,007 Status Calendar Year, Full-time, Permanent Department Information Department Athletics Administration Contact(s) Contact Phone/Extension Contact Email Physical Demands Campus Location Kingston Grant Funded No Extension Contingency Notes Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for developing, planning, and organizing programs for maintaining and purchasing athletic equipment for all the university athletic department teams. Responsible for preparing and monitoring athletic equipment budgets. Perform work independently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Purchase athletic equipment, monitor daily maintenance and inventory of equipment, and issue uniforms, including Ryan Center and Keaney Equipment Rooms.
Adhere to all NCAA, Atlantic 10, CAA and University of Rhode Island policies, rules, regulations, and operational procedures.
Hire, train, assign work, supervise and evaluate equipment operations staff.
Work with the Associate Director to monitor the athletic equipment budget and to make recommendations during the planning stages of the annual budget.
Provide assistance to coaches on equipment costs when developing sport operational budgets.
Assist in selecting manufacturer for the purchase of athletic equipment, department apparel rights agreement, facility equipment, and facility maintenance needs.
Reconcile vendor billings with goods received and approve payment of bills in a timely fashion.
Consult with coaches about their needs and gather feedback from student-athletes and coaches on the quality and use of equipment. Provide assistance to coaches in designing new uniforms.
Work with the Sports Medicine staff to ensure proper fitting and adjusting of athletic equipment for individual athletes.
Coordinate the preparation of facilities for intercollegiate athletic team practices and contests, in conjunction with the Associate Director for Operations.
Monitor the issuance of uniforms to teams, coaches, or individual athletes, including maintenance of accurate records and files regarding equipment check out.
Oversee the maintenance of all inventory records for the program. Purchase and maintain records of all equipment room supplies, perform periodic inventory of stock.
Monitor daily maintenance of equipment including laundering, repair, replacement, cleaning, oiling, and sewing. Oversee the laundry facilities, including at the Ryan Center and Keaney.
Monitor maintenance of machines used in equipment maintenance. Perform minor repairs and preventative maintenance and/or arrange for repairs as necessary.
Prepare equipment for distribution, including stamping names or numbers on equipment in order to track it.
Store and pack sporting equipment securely when not in use.
Travel to athletic games as assigned to perform equipment loading, unloading, and maintenance responsibilities.
Plan and coordinate staff and student’s work schedules, assign duties, train students/student managers/workers and other personnel on the use of equipment and machinery. Monitor and evaluate student and staff performance.
Update and maintain the operations manual for equipment operations. Interpret and advise coaches and staff members on policies and procedures that pertain to equipment operations.
Schedule equipment room hours of operations to accommodate practices and games.
Set up/break down of football game field and practice field on a daily basis when football is in season.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform related departmental duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers, printer; word processing, database management and spreadsheet software.Required Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Demonstrated supervisory experience.
3. Demonstrated experience in budget management principles and practices.
4. Member of Athletic Equipment Managers’ Association (AEMA).
5. Must have, or obtain within eighteen(18) months of appointment, Athletic Equipment Managers Association (AEMA) Certification.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of the equipment, materials, and supplies used in Division I intercollegiate athletics.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of athletic equipment purchase, storage, maintenance, cleaning and repair.
8. Demonstrated experience with equipment inventory management used in athletics.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations pertaining to equipment and sporting events.
10. Demonstrated maintenance of records and preparation of reports.
11. Demonstrated ability to analyze situations and adopt effective courses of action.
12. Demonstrated strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
13. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
14. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.Preferred Qualifications
1. Demonstrated experience with computer inventory systems.
2. Minimum of one year of demonstrated experience working with equipment and apparel for a collegiate or professional program.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of the standards set forth by the National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE);
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Environmental Conditions
This position is subject to both inside and outside work; extreme cold and hot temperatures can be encountered. There will be occasions when work will be performed in inclement weather. There will be occasional lifting, requiring the exertion of up to 50 pounds of force to lift athletic equipment.Posting Date 06/19/2019 Closing Date 07/02/2019 Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) The names and contact information of three professional references.Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.uri.edu/postings/6037 Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree?
- * Do you have demonstrated supervisory experience?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience in budget management principles and practices?
- * Are you a member of Athletic Equipment Managers’ Association (AEMA)?
- * Do you have, or obtain within eighteen (18) months of appointment, Athletic Equipment Managers Association (AEMA) Certification?
- * Do you have demonstrated knowledge of the equipment, materials, and supplies used in Division I intercollegiate athletics?
- * Do you have demonstrated knowledge of athletic equipment purchase, storage, maintenance, cleaning and repair?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience with equipment inventory management used in athletics?
- * Do you have demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations pertaining to equipment and sporting events?
- * Do you have demonstrated maintenance of records and preparation of reports?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to analyze situations and adopt effective courses of action?
- * Do you have demonstrated strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral