Data Systems Manager
Posting InformationPosition Information Position TypePermanent Staff (EHRA NF)DepartmentHighway Safety Research-633600Working TitleData Systems ManagerAppointment TypeEHRA Non-FacultyPosition Posting CategoryResearch ProfessionalsSalary RangeDependent Upon QualificationsFull Time/Part Time?Full-Time PermanentHours per Week40Vacancy IDNF0003767Position ID20031365Posting Open Date05/20/2019Application Deadline07/19/2019Open Until FilledNoProposed Start Date08/12/2019Position Summary
This position would entail coordinating transportation and safety data collection, data systems architecture design, data management and curation, data integration, data quality, and evaluation and analysis to help improve data and data systems in cities and states across the nation.
-Design and conduct data collection and analysis projects addressing road safety, including projects focused on the acquisition, management, and quality of crash, roadway, traffic, and other safety data sources. This may involve study conceptualization/design, data collection management, data analysis and modeling, data management and governance, data workflows and publication of findings.
-Manage project resources, supervise project activities, and maintain client/sponsor relations.
-Investigate innovative new data analysis approaches leveraging solutions such as Natural Language Procession (NLP) or Artificial Intelligence tools.
-Develop information systems that contribute to the safety research and policy agenda at both the state and national level.
-Develop and foster collaborations with other researchers and faculty on the UNC-Chapel Hill campus and partner institutions.
-Mentor and support the development of junior researchers at the Center.
A master’s or PhD degree in an appropriate discipline is required, including (but not limited to), computer science, information science, information technology, data science, management information systems, geographic information systems (GIS), civil engineering, planning, or a related field.Qualifications and Experience
Candidates for this position must have:
- Five or more years of data systems experience, preferably in the transportation field.
- Experience managing and curating data for sharing and online data analysis.
- Experience providing data for quantitative analysis, natural language processing and/or other artificial intelligence models.
- Experience working with clients and other stakeholders in defining data workflow requirements for data sharing and analysis.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with tools such as Python/R/Hadoop or other NoSQL databases.
- Experience obtaining funding and managing projects, transportation focused projects preferred.
- Experience working with federal, state, and/or local agencies.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Special InstructionsQuick Linkhttp://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/162171 Department Contact Information Department Contact Name and TitleRachel Prasek, HR ConsultantDepartment Contact Telephone or [email protected] of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that describes your level of education that best or mostly closely satisfies the education requirements for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in required discipline(s) listed or related field
- Bachelor's degree in any field/discipline
- Master's degree or Doctorate degree in required discipline(s) listed or related field
- Master's degree or Doctorate degree in any field/discipline
- None of the above