Clinical Assistant Professor
Posting InformationPosition Information Position Type Permanent Faculty Working Title Clinical Assistant Professor Position Number Appointment Type Fixed Term Faculty Salary Range Dependent on qualifications and experience Full-time/Part-time Full Time If part-time, hours per week FTE Vacancy ID FAC0002815 Posting Open Date 06/03/2019 Application Deadline 07/01/2019 Open Until Filled No Proposed Start Date 07/01/2019 Position Summary
The UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy (the School) at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is recruiting for a half-time, clinical assistant professor position in the Division of Practice Advancement and Clinical Education (https://pharmacy.unc.edu/).
The UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy (www.phamacy.unc.edu) is the number one pharmacy school as ranked by U.S. News & World Report in the 2017 edition of America’s Best Graduate Schools. Our vision is to be the preeminent school of pharmacy transforming human health through innovations in education, practice, and research. Our mission is to develop leaders in pharmacy education, pharmacy practice, and pharmaceutical sciences who make a difference on human health worldwide. The School is a nationally and internationally recognized leader in pharmacy/pharmaceutical science education, research, and progressive pharmaceutical care practice. Over the past twenty-five years, the School has built a reputation for cutting edge research, rigorous programs, and outstanding faculty, staff, and students.
The School is part of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, a major research university with a large teaching hospital and schools of medicine, public health, nursing, and dentistry. UNC anchors one corner of North Carolina’s famed Research Triangle Park, which hosts an abundance of pharmaceutical, biotech, and health-care companies. This environment offers abundant opportunities for collaboration in research, education, and patient care with partners in academia, industry, and health care.
As a faculty member (50% effort), this individual will be responsible for:
1. Provide operational oversight for the following aspects of the MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences with a specialization in Health-System Pharmacy Administration.
a. Ensure that the MS program has a structured, robust research infrastructure and that each graduate student is advancing appropriately on their thesis substitute.
b. Oversee the curriculum, assisting faculty to maintain compliance with the School’s and Graduate School requirements.
c. Represent the MS program on the School’s Graduate Education Committee
2. Teach and provide course oversight in the MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences with a specialization in Health-System Pharmacy Administration.
3. Work closely with a research team in health-system pharmacy administration and to lead in the grant preparation for research focused on the advancement of the medication use process. +
4.Engage with Doctor of Pharmacy students at the School to build awareness of careers in health-system pharmacy administration.
As the Director of Educational Development with the Center for Innovative Pharmacy Education & Research (50% effort), this individual will be responsible for:
1. Developing an ambitious, comprehensive, multi-year professional development agenda designed to ensure that the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy is recognized as a national and global innovator in teaching and learning in pharmacy – and, more broadly – in the health sciences;
2. Designing, coordinating and leading activities, events, programs and formal certificates for faculty, preceptors, resident fellows, teaching assistants and others aimed at developing the research-informed teaching and learning-related knowledge and skills needed to realize the School’s agenda;
3. Documenting, evaluating and communicating – through a variety of media – the professional education, teaching and learning-related events, activities and achievements promoted and supported by CIPhER and the school;
4. Ensuring the currency and accuracy of the professional development-related content of the CIPhER website;
5. Building partnerships with key professional development associates within and beyond UNC that will extend the scope and impact of CIPhER’s efforts in this area;
6. Mentoring CIPhER-supported doctoral and postdoctoral fellows and postgraduate, professional and undergraduate research assistants; and
7. Collaborating collegially with CIPhER’s Director, Director of Pharmacy Education Research, Center Administrator, and other relevant staff to ensure the Center is effective, efficient, sustainable and successful.Educational Requirements
PharmD or equivalent doctoral degree.Qualifications and Experience
Possess a track record of peer-reviewed publications that demonstrate scientific contributions in their respective field.
Experience in preparing and submitting extramurally funded research program and mentoring student and resident research projects in this area.
Involvement in professional and graduate student instruction.Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Special Instructions Quick Link http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/163207 Department Contact Information Department Contact Name and Title Nicole Kenney, HR Consultant Department Contact Telephone or Email [email protected] Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the University’s Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost office at (919)-962-1091 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost office will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
If you have any questions about the job requirements or the hiring department notify the Department Contact.
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest degree?