Acquisitions Accounting Technician
VisionWe are the heart of higher education, providing essential scholarly resources, user-centered services, and inclusive spaces to the University, local, and global communities. What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be Materials Account Management
- Reconcile all Libraries accounts for materials and collection resources including all relevant Fund 10s, 20s, 30s.
- Reconcile and analyze accounts within the Libraries integrated library system, Sierra, and between Sierra and University's database PeopleSoft.
- Verify all invoices, journal entries, warrant cancellations, interdepartmental invoices (INs), cash and check deposits, are accounted for in the proper account with the proper FOPPS (speedtype) and account code.
- Verify the accuracy of transaction records, resolving discrepancies.
- Work with Acquisitions staff, vendors, or stakeholders to understand the flow of data through the process and systems, and identify and create solutions to mitigate future issues and discrepancies.
- Create new or adjust processes or workflows for efficiency and accuracy, as needed.
- Review and analyze vendor statements for accuracy.
- Investigate and address vendor questions regarding unpaid invoices.
- Reconcile open invoices and credits with vendors.
- Submit all invoices for Libraries materials and resources for payment via CU Marketplace and the library voucher payment form.
- Apply accurate vendor, FOPPS (speedtypes) and account codes to the payment form.
- Work with Serials Acquisitions and Head of Acquisitions to understand and identify when contracts and license agreements need to be identified on the library voucher payment form.
- Monitor, alert appropriate stakeholders, and resolve as necessary when invoices are held up for payment by Accounts Payable and require resolution of an issue.
- Serve as liaison between Accounts Payable, Finance, Campus Controller, and Libraries Acquisitions unit.
- Establish and maintain processes and organizational system for appropriate financial records for audit, retention, internal controls, and efficiency purposes in accordance to University policies, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and accounting best practices.
- Remain informed, attend appropriate University meetings, and monitor University communications regarding procurement and financial policies and processes.
- Notify stakeholders in Acquisitions and Scholarly Resource Development of relevant changes; advise stakeholders on the impact of changes.
- Adjust processes and workflows in accordance with University policy or process changes.
- Train students and others on organizational system including filing invoices.
- Collect data on gift fund balances and expenditures from PeopleSoft and Sierra.
- Analyze gift fund balances and determine whether fund balances in Sierra need to be updated.
- Provide monthly reports to Director of Scholarly Resource Development and Head of Acquisitions on gift fund expenditures and balances.
- Allocate credit card transactions to the appropriate speedtype and account code.
- Apply speedtype as designated by invoice posting transaction data in Sierra.
- Process journal entries, Interdepartmental Invoices (INs), warrant adjustment forms, and deposits checks, and applies credit memos.
- Prepare documentation for financial transactions.
- Retain documentation according to University policies.
- Monitor completion of these processes, particularly when funds from a deposited check are available for use under the specified speedtype.
- Review the status of vendor records in CU Marketplace.
- Obtain and manage documentation from vendors.
- Update Sierra with vendor information.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be Statements Be Informed. Be Proactive. Be Boulder. What We Require
- Must be a current resident of Colorado to apply.
- Three years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Outstanding work ethic and time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and work proactively.
- Ability to identify and solve problems independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to carry out fiscal responsibilities by adhering to University policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to cultivate an environment of diversity, inclusion, and respect.
- Experience using PeopleSoft or other financial software.
- Experience using CU Marketplace or other purchasing software.
- Experience using an Integrated Library System such as Innovative's Sierra.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Office Suite.
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to [email protected] or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
Please apply by June 30, 2019 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources Posting Contact Email: [email protected] The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.