Application Developer/Analyst - Information Technologist I
Application Developer/Analyst - Information Technologist IJob no: 585814
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 12
Major Administrative Unit / College: Information Technology Services
Department: It Services Application Services 40000482
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Administrative Professionals- AP, Information Technology, Union
Application Developer/AnalystPosition Summary
This is an application developer position working closely with the Office of Financial Aid; will analyze, develop, and document complex web sites and desktop computer programs; involves programming, application design, interface design, database design, system and database maintenance; understands and complies with University guidelines and policies regarding data and technology; works collaboratively with colleagues; contributes to the analysis, design and review of business processes; provides technical support to other staff members; seeks out and attends continuing professional development, training and education related to assigned responsibilities; reports status and escalates issues to supervisor and management effectively; participates in team, departmental and MSU IT wide meetings, committees, and assignments; other duties as assigned.
• Experience with relational databases – i.e. writing adhoc SQL queries and stored procedures, understanding how to design normalized tables which map to real-world use cases, handling basic sysadmin tasks (create, alter, drop, grant), etc.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and programming languages.
• Ability to thoroughly test the functionality and security of one’s own code.
• Familiarity with basic statistical concepts.
• Willingness to learn the advising and processing side of financial aid, which drives the need for IT solutions and automation.
Knowledge equivalent to that which would normally be acquired by completing a four-year college degree in computer science, information systems, business, or related information technology field, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to the area of employment; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in an information technology area related to the duties to be performed; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
- Experience in using structured programming techniques and best practices in a professional setting, writing code which is flexible, modular, maintainable, and readable by others.
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language such as C# or Java.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python.
- Experience with Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Experience with version control software such as Git
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Excellent analytical, leadership, and organizational skills across all levels of technical and functional units.
- Ability to work independently on complex work assignments.
- Ability to effectively manage large projects to completion using resources within and outside of direct lines of authority.
- Achieves results and demonstrates leadership under adverse circumstances (e.g., outages, limited resources and capabilities, shifting business directions, limited communication channels, cultural challenges, etc.)
- Experience managing software development lifecycle processes, procedures and roles with engineering methods and processes from traditional to agile approaches.
- Experience in data integration and analysis.
- Experience with web services.
Resume, cover letter, certifications if anySpecial Instructions
Please provide three referencesWork Hours
STANDARD 8-5Description of End Date
This is an off-dated position funded for one year from date of hire with possible extension contingent upon funding renewal.Bidding Eligibility ends on 6/25/2019 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Jun 19, 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 2, 2019 Eastern Daylight Time