Application Developer/Analyst |Information Technologist II
Application Developer/Analyst |Information Technologist IIJob no: 585933
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 13
Major Administrative Unit / College: Information Technology Services
Department: It Services Application Services 40000482
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Administrative Professionals- AP, Information Technology, Union
Application Developer/AnalystPosition Summary
Analyzes, designs, develops, acquires, tests, implements, documents, supports and modifies moderate to highly complex computer systems for the University using supported tools and technologies, responding to critical system outages as a rotating member of a 24x7 support team; works in a highly dynamic cross-functional team environment; collaborates with analysts, programmers, system and database administrators and customers to determine information technology needs, status, and cross-system issues on projects of medium to large sensitivity or complexity, including integration of business functions, interface design, and database design; prepares and presents proposals recommending improvements to existing systems and processes; prepares and presents proposals recommending and justifying the purchase of new products; participates in peer review and development and cross-training; supports and advances a team-based culture, continuous team improvement and focus on innovation; contributes to the preparation of clear, concise documentation, status reports and achievements targeted for technical, customer and management audiences; contributes to project management activities by providing time estimates for assigned work, monitoring progress and reporting variances as soon as discovered; contributes to the operational security of application environments by maintaining currency of patches, libraries, plugins and modules, tracking logs and reporting identified variances as needed; seeks out and attends continuing professional development, training and education related to assigned responsibilities; reports status and escalates issues to supervisor and management effectively; participates in team, departmental and MSU IT wide meetings, committees, and assignments; other duties as assigned.Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
- Experience designing, developing/implementing and supporting business applications with an understanding of enterprise applications and security practices.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills (both verbal and written); excellent analytical, leadership, and organizational skills across all levels of technical and functional units.
- Experience in mentoring less experienced programmers and analysts; ability to work independently on complex work assignments.
- Ability to effectively manage large projects to completion using resources within and outside of direct lines of authority.
- Achieves results and demonstrates leadership under adverse circumstances (e.g., outages, limited resources and capabilities, shifting business directions, limited communication channels, cultural challenges, etc.)
- Experience managing software development life-cycle processes, procedures and roles with engineering methods and processes from traditional to agile approaches.
- Experience in data integration and analysis.
- Experience with web services.
Resume, cover letter, certifications if anySpecial Instructions
Please provide three referencesWork Hours
STANDARD 8-5Description of End Date
This is an off-dated position funded until March 17, 2021 with possible extension contingent upon funding renewal.Bidding eligibility ends on 6/25/2019 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Jun 19, 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 30, 2019 Eastern Daylight Time