Student Services Coordinator III
Student Services Coordinator III
Job no: 492817
Position Type: Part-Time
Location: Elgin, IL
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Role: Student Services Coordinator III
About ECC:Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college’s mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Work Schedule:5 days per week, 25 hours per week, summer may have reduced hours
Rate of Pay:$23.06/hour
Job Summary:Responsible for the coordination of a variety of education support services and activities, including the selection and assessment of students enrolled in specific academic programs. May also be involved in monitoring the academic progress of students and informing them of services and opportunities intended to increase their success.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Sensitivity to the needs of multicultural, financially, and physically challenged population.
3. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook) and the Internet.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Previous experience using databases, including enterprise-wide databases (e.g. Colleague).
1. Recruit, orient, and advise students.
2. Coordinate academic support services and activities, including the development and coordination of personal growth opportunities for students.
3. Maintain and file documents and student records.
4. Monitor the academic progress of students.
5. Collect and maintain data for reports and other purposes.
6. Plan, conduct, and participate in various student-related activities (e.g. college tours, conferences, workshops, and student recognition events).
7. Assist in the preparation of reports and grant proposals.
8. Assist with student assessment and leadership development activities.
1. Develop and maintain familiarity with various student support services (e.g. financial aid and career development).
2. Perform routine clerical and office tasks.
3. Comply with government regulations regarding grant administration and other job-related matters.
4. Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
5. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Sedentary (up to 10 lbs occasionally, sitting most of the time)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
Elgin Community College Support Staff of Elgin Community College Association (SSECCA) members that apply by 06/27/2019 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College’s EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Advertised: June 19, 2019 Central Daylight Time