Graduate Assistant, CPSA
Posting DetailsClassification Information Job TypeGraduate Assistant (GA)Min SalaryMid SalaryMax Salary Fund Information (Required) Fund1001Org010540Account400012Program50 Position Information Position TitleGraduate Assistant, CPSACampusChicago - Michigan Ave.If other, please specify
Partner Location Chicago Department of Public Health
333 South State Street, 2nd floor
Position provides support for the Master of Public Administration Program
Work with the Department Program Director to connect with the Chicago
Department of Public Health. We are seeking a graduate student with
demonstrated interest in violence prevention, substance use, and/or mental
health support concerns.
•Students must have either a valid Social Security Number or a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) for required IRS reporting.
•Must be enrolled at NLU at least half-time for classes needed toward student’s degree
•Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
•Be enrolled in a graduate program in which this course is typically taught
•Have a strong customer service ethic
•Have reliable transportation to travel to alternate locations
The candidate for the Graduate Assistant (GA) must possess the required abilities: strong existing computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint); attention to detail; ability maintain confidentiality and make progress without direct supervision; professional demeanor; strong spoken and written communication skills; strong organizational skills; articulate and tactful communication skills; comfortable speaking to groups of people.Responsibilities
The Graduate Assistant will support the Master of Public Administration
Department and partner agency. The candidate’s essential duties and
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Effectively conduct research to enhance/update training, inform strategic
planning, and strengthen and shape public awareness materials for various
audiences and uses
• Manage time-sensitive projects that may include evaluation, program
design, and/or community engagement responsibilities
• Develop and deliver training on selected prevention or intervention issues
• Provide logistical and administrative support in various meetings related to
the work of the office and our strategic concerns
• Assist with data collection, entry, and analysis; and report writing
• Provide support to committees and projects (primarily) onsite but also in
• Receive routine and consistent individual/team supervision and
• Journal actions with agency partner
Please Note: Per the Illinois Unemployment Insurance guidelines, any work positions that are paid and classified as student employment, such as Federal Work-Study, College Employment, Graduate Assistant and Harrison Fellow, etc., are not eligible for unemployment compensation, once the position has ended. Participation in the Student Employment program does not constitute bona fide National Louis University employment status. Therefore, when you are no longer participating in the student employment program, you would not be eligible to request or receive unemployment compensation.Quick Link for Internal Postingshttp://jobs.nl.edu/postings/5326Pass MessageFail MessageInterviewer NameJacqueline SamuelInterviewer Contact [email protected] Questions (HR Only)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in USA?
- * Are you currently enrolled (or soon to be enrolled) student at National Louis University and/or Kendall College?
- * What is your Student ID Number?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1