Adjunct Faculty - Agriculture
Posting DetailsPosting Details (Default Section) Posting Number9001084TitleAdjunct Faculty - AgriculturePosition TypeAdjunct FacultyDepartmentAgricultureJob Summary
Responsibilities include teaching college courses in Agronomy, Plant Protection, and Pasture Management.
This position carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of North Central Texas College in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment while embracing positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to our students and employees.
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of course and program objectives and to contribute to the overall educational environment of the college and community and to provide related services such as academic advising, committee participation, professional development, community development as well as other service support that is needed in the fulfillment of the North Central Texas College’s Mission.
• Treats students and colleagues with respect.
• Active involvement in issues of institutional effectiveness including student learning outcomes, program level outcomes, and marketable skill achievement.
• Focuses teaching and outreach efforts on student success.
North Central Texas College (“NCTC”) is an equal opportunity employer. NCTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, equal pay, or any other legally protected characteristic. NCTC prohibits harassment on the basis of a legally protected characteristic and/or retaliation for reporting a complaint.Required Education
Master’s degree in Plant Science, Crop Science, Agronomy, or closely related area or a Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in Speech.Required Skills & Abilities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Above average computer skills.
• Exhibition of respect and professionalism in a spirit of collegiality.
• Microsoft Office proficient.
• Ability to promote an effective environment for learning in lecture and lab experiences.
• Ability to teach students from diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
Minimum of 3 years work experience closely related to one or more of the following subject areas; plant science, agronomy, Agriculture sprays and chemicals, crop science, weed and insect pest identification and mgmt.Preferred Experience
Post-secondary education and work experience related to entomology and some post-secondary instructional experience and advisory experience with student groups is preferred.Posting Date04/01/2019Closing DateSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Classes scheduled during the day or evenings depending on enrollment.
Subject to criminal background check.
Resume, Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae & Transcripts required in addition to application.
Salary: $590/Semester Hour (3 semester hour course = $1,770)
Possible additional compensation for large class size.LocationGainesvilleSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- NCTC website
- Employee Referral
- Workforce Solutions- Texoma
- Hispanics In Academia
- Chamber of Commerce
- Work in Texas
- Diversity & Inclusion Email
- Texas Association of Black Personnel in Higher Education
- VIP Position - HigherEdJobs.com
- Inside Higher Ed
- * Please designate which campus/campuses you are available to teach.
- Denton County
- Flower Mound
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy