Asst Women's Lacrosse Coach
Asst Women's Lacrosse Coach
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dickinson College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for this position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.Posting Details Position Information Posting NumberS00865Position TitleAsst Women's Lacrosse CoachWorking TitleAsst Women's Lacrosse CoachPosition NumberPay Grade/CategoryIntermediate Contributor CPosition TypeExempt Division and Department Information DivisionStudent DevelopmentDepartmentAthletics Posting Information Job Summary/Basic Function
Responsible for aiding the Head Coach in all aspects of the Dickinson Women’s Lacrosse program, including but not limited to the recruitment of prospective student-athletes, administration of practices, marketing and implementation of clinics, fundraising, community service, leadership development and game strategy.Essential Functions:
- Management and mentoring of the current team by cultivating a culture of accountability and team mentality within our
student-athletes and by reinforcing the Head Coach’s expectations of priorities and standards of behavior within our student-athletes. Year Round.
- Recruitment of talented student-athletes to Dickinson by using Front Rush Software, traveling to tournaments and camps, getting to know the prospective student-athletes and their families through phone conversations and on campus meetings, and by communicating the values of the College and the women’s lacrosse program clearly and effectively. Year Round.
- Contribute to the development of the team on the field during practices and games by providing the Head Coach with ideas regarding strategy and individual skill development and by instructing student-athletes during practices, games and individual skill sessions. September-October, February 1-May.
- Lead fundraising efforts for the program by finding new ideas and reaching out to those who have helped in the past in order to offset the cost of the annual Spring Break trip as well as any other miscellaneous needs that arise over the course of each year. Year Round.
- Aid the head coach in maintaining contact with parents and alumnae through email and phone correspondences and work
with Development to orchestrate in person events that can connect current and former women’s lacrosse players in order to strengthen the Dickinson women’s lacrosse community on and off campus and potentially attract donors to our program and the McAndrew’s Fund.
- Aid the head coach in orchestrating clinics for both prospective student-athletes and local youth by marketing the events to
the appropriate audiences, maintaining club and HS coach relationships, and planning proper programming for each event in order to both grow the game in the local area and to attract quality student-athletes to Dickinson. Year Round.
- Upload and break down film by using Gamebreaker, Hudl and Krossover software in order to follow conference rules and
make game film available to our student-athletes as a tool for player and team development. February-May.
- Other: travel and meal coordination, digital media, promotional material, etc.
Bachelor’s degreeAdditional Requirements:
Valid PA Driver’License
Played at the collegiate level and understand the values of Division 3 athletics.
1-3 years Work Experience
on field demonstrations, basic lacrosse skill, etc.Work Schedule Advertised Work ScheduleNumber of hours/dayNumber of hours/weekProposed Start Date Posting Detail Information Posting DateOpen Until FilledYesClosing DateApplication Review Begin Date06/19/2019Is this a Temporary Position?NoFull-Time/Part-TimeFull TimeIf Full-Time, please specify12 month full-time (52 weeks)If Part-Time, please specifyNot ApplicableEEO/Diversity Statement
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Employee Referral
- Jobs at Dickinson (http://jobs.dickinson.edu)
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News
- Referral from Dickinson staff, faculty, friend or family member
- Sentinel Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Yahoo Jobs
- The Guide
- Other Website
- Inside Higher Ed
- Another College website
- Academic Careers
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application