Senior Admissions Counselor HSD
Position DetailsPosition Details Job Title SR ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR HSD Position Number 8150187 Job Category University Staff Job Type Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Campus Maywood-Health Sciences Campus Department Name STUDENT AFFAIRS Location Code STUDENT AFFS-ADMISSIONS (06412B) Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No Duties and Responsibilities
SR. COUNSELOR FOR SSOM
• Establish and maintain recruitment territory in conjunction with Dean for Admissions, Associate Director of Admissions, and other admissions personnel. This maintenance will include annual reporting of outcomes related to virtual and on-ground visitations with prospective candidates and advisors from premedical school programs within designated territory. Will also implement other strategies including Zoom and visits to our campus through advising contacts within the region.
• Manage review of files determined for admissions staff and directed to personal queue
• Provide a primary counseling resource or prospective and current candidates through Stritch Café and personal appointments as needed.
• Counsel and advise potential applicants on admissions requirements.
• Coordinate dates and scheduling of candidate interviews and tours during interview days
• Monitor and maintain file movement, updates and delivery of file content to Executive Committee members
• Provide support for procurement of resources for the office and for interview days and special admissions related events (ie, Second Look), marketing and promotional materials for recruitment and information.
• Rotate administration and delivery of Stritch Café sessions with the Associate Director when needed.
• Provide instruction to clients within the ASPIRE program and educational support to Teaching Assistants in the ASPIRE program
• Participate as a primary staff reviewer and alternate interviewer during each admissions cycle.
• Assist in processing of over 10,000 applications from the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS).
• Assist in maintenance of candidate files through the admissions system on behalf of the Committee on Admissions
• Assist in review of transcripts, background checks, and additional documents necessary to secure seats for accepted candidates.
• Provide mentorship to Admissions Counselor(s) and students regarding best practices for effective consultation and inquiry with prospective candidates, office orientation and institutional perspective.
• Serve as ex-offico member of the Executive Committee on Admissions.
• Perform other duties as assigned and required.
Bachelor’s degree in related field, with two years of related experience. Master’s degree preferred.Qualifications
- Professional experience within a college or university with knowledge of admission and financial aid processes desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate ability to understand multicultural perspectives as applied to student recruitment.
- Demonstrate experience with multicultural event programming and outreach events.
- Presentation, word processing and spreadsheet software; use of PeopleSoft, and Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- Ability to articulate the values and mission of a Jesuit institution.
- Team player who has the ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Spanish fluency is a plus but not required.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Must have a valid U.S. Driver’s License.
- Ability to travel with nights and weekends required.
- No difficulties standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to carry approximately 40 lbs of materials for programming and recruitment.
Bachelors required. Master’s Degree preferred.Computer Skills
Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications. Database skills.Supervisory Responsibilities No Required operation of university owned vehicles No Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? No Physical Demands Carrying Working Conditions None Open Date 06/19/2019 Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Posting http://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/11387 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD or Equivalent
- * Do you have at least two years of related experience?
- * Do you have a valid driver's license?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application