DEFINED BENEFITS MANAGER
Position DetailsPosition Details Job Title DEFINED BENEFITS MANAGER Position Number 8100665 Job Category University Staff Job Type Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Campus Chicago-Water Tower Campus Department Name HUMAN RESOURCES Location Code HUMAN RESOURCES:RETIREMENT (04600D) Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and directs implementation and administration of the defined benefit program. Duties involve managing employer contribution history and facilitating the efficient operation of this plan. Authorizes lump sum or monthly payments to qualified recipients.
- Prepares and communicates information to employees and former employees about the pension program, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures.
- Directly responsible for maintaining knowledge of and changes in government regulations, retirement program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations; analyzes plans for cost-control and risk-assessment factors and evaluates vendor services, coverage, and options available through vendors to determine programs best meeting needs of organization as well as makes appropriate recommendations to management.
- Provides high quality customer service to employees / plan participants by answering their retirement pension questions, resolving problems related to benefits, responding to retiree inquiries and process enrollment form and benefit changes. Maintains employee pension data in automated human resources information system and coordinate transfer of data to external vendors, plan providers, auditors, and consultants.
- Notifies employees and labor union representatives of changes in retirement programs. Expected to plan, organize and run several retirement presentations or Q&A sessions for various groups of employees within the organization.
- Regularly audits retirement plans for compliance with government regulations; prepares and submits government-mandated reports. Responsible for measuring costs of pension program and implement changes in order to maximize their utility and/or minimize their costs or program.
- Performs other duties as required.
BA or BS degree in human resource management, accounting, finance or related business field and five or more years of related experience in benefit (retirement) administration or related field. Certificates and Licenses: Prefer a Certified Benefits Professional (CBP), Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), or Society for Human Resource Management certification (SPHR or PHR) designation or substantial progress towards such certification.Qualifications
BA or BS degree in human resource management, accounting, finance or related business field and five or more years of related experience in benefit (retirement) administration or related field.Certificates/Credentials/Licenses
Certificates and Licenses: Prefer a Certified Benefits Professional (CBP), Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), or SHRM/HRCI Certification.Computer Skills
- MS Word processing, MS Excel or Spreadsheets, MS PowerPoint and MS Access or Database Software.
- Demonstrated ability with operations and payroll interfaces to General Ledger, adept user of Internet, e-mail and other office automation systems.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a BA or BS degree in human resource management, accounting, finance, or a related business field?
- * Do you have a minimum of five years of related experience in benefit (retirement) administration or related field?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have any of the following Certifications?
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP)
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS)
- Society for Human Resource Management Certification (PHR or SPHR) or equivalent
- None of the above
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application