Head Coach, Women's Softball
Position DetailsPosition Details Job TitleAthletic CoachPosition Number8101102Job CategoryUniversity StaffJob TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusExemptCampusRogers Park-Lake Shore CampusDepartment NameATHLETICSLocation CodeATHLETICS - GENERAL PROGRAM (03300A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? NoDuties and Responsibilities
- Administers and coaches a Division I program in compliance with NCAA and Missouri Valley Conference rules and regulations.
- Coordinates practice planning, game preparation, and athletic conditioning.
- Directs recruitment and retention of student athletes.
- Organizes travel arrangements for practice, games and/or events.
- Oversees creation and distribution of team/alumni fundraising mailings/events, public relations and other related assignments.
- Performs related duties as required.
Bachelors degree in related field and one to three years previous coaching experience. Must have working knowledge of NCAA and Missouri Valley Conference rules and regulations.Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree; five years of collegiate and/or elite amateur softball coaching experience in a full-time position; demonstrated ability to operate a successful program within NCAA and conference regulations; commitment to the academic success of student-athletes; ability to teach/communicate effectively; demonstrated experience and success in recruiting, talent identification and talent development of qualified student-athletes; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and outstanding organizational, communication, relationship building, and public relations skills.Certificates/Credentials/Licenses
General working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications, video breakdown/scouting systemsSupervisory ResponsibilitiesYesRequired operation of university owned vehiclesYesDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? Physical DemandsLifting, Carrying, Standing, Repetitive MotionsWorking ConditionsNoise, Irregular Hours, Exposure to Inclement WeatherOpen Date06/13/2019Close DateSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/11325Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a bachelor's degree and one to three years of NCAA coaching experience in designated sport?
- Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application