Accounting SpecialistTracking Code190605 Job Description
Accounting Specialists are responsible for receiving and processing all incoming monies for the College. Responsibilities also include processing student refunds and managing Marketplace stores and products. The Accounting Specialists promote customer service by communicating with students, parents, and departments regarding account balances, holds, payments, refunds, etc.
- Processes all student payments, departmental deposits, collection agency payments and miscellaneous payments
- Manages Marketplace products by fulfilling orders and providing reports
- Processes credit card and check refunds to students
- Balances cash drawer and reconciles daily
- Adds and removes holds and miscellaneous charges as needed
- Provides change and cash boxes to departments across campus
- Counsels students in person, on the phone and via email on payment options, deadlines, holds, and refunds
- Supports faculty and staff by answering questions regarding departmental deposits, procedures, etc
- Ability to complete detailed work with accuracy
- Ability to work with a diverse college community
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information judiciously
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year related accounting or banking experience
- Customer service experience
- Two years of post-secondary education
- Three years accounting or banking experience
- Experience with Banner and TouchNet
- Advanced Excel, Word, and Internet experience
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time