Office Administrative Associate
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleOffice Administrative AssociateRequisition NumberSCL00225General Description
Interested employees please submit a classified bid form, attach a resume and forward to Human Resources, A7-142.
Under general supervision, requiring the use of independent judgment, initiative and decision-making, the Office Administrative Associate provides administrative support to the Assistant Dean, Liberal Studies and related disciplines/curricula within departments such as Social Science, Photographic Imaging, and Foreign Languages departments. Primary responsibilities include performing a full range of administrative and clerical tasks, such as maintaining calendars, responding to telephone inquiries, coordinating events; and preparing various documents, correspondence, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
TESTING FOR THIS POSITION:
Office Grammar & Spelling
• Performs full range of administrative and clerical tasks for the Assistant Dean and the Liberal Studies Department Chairs, including answering telephone inquiries, managing calendars and scheduling appointments, formatting and preparing documents such as correspondence, charts, tables, lists, spreadsheets, presentations and ensuring accuracy.
• Responsible for completion of several types of forms: confidential, supply requests, check requests, and other forms related to the operation of the department.
• Responsible for working on special projects related to Law and Society Week, annual ABA accreditation documentation, and various discipline-related events.
• Screens and respond to calls and inquiries; redirecting calls when necessary, taking accurate messages for others in a courteous, business-like manner, and verifies content.
• Prepares standard Office and College documents, forms memos and letters on a personal computer. Proofreads documents for accuracy using both technology tools and personal skills to edit as needed.
• Assists in the coordination of various meetings and events; communicating with vendors and other College departments in the delivery of services and materials needed for all program events, including catering, facilities and duplicating needs.
• Serves as the first point of contact for the programs via phone, email and in person; responding to inquiries in a professional and knowledgeable manner, researching and providing accurate and timely information, and redirecting to other team members when necessary.
• Monitors and maintains departmental inventories, anticipates and plans for needed supplies for upcoming seasonal events and activities, and prepares purchase order requests.
• Provides faculty and students support for problem solving issues relating to late registration, final grades, locating classes and instructors and Banner related issues.
• Converts reports into spreadsheets for enrollment and supports various departments in Liberal Studies division.
• Creates and maintains computer databases containing faculty information, class cancellation notifications, change of grade and incomplete forms.
• Sorts and distributes mail; refers non-routine mail to appropriate persons.
• Delivers quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional helpful and courteous manner.
• Maintains sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Participates in planning sessions when necessary and compiles meeting minutes as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• A high school diploma or its equivalent (e.g., GED) required.
• At least five (5) years of clerical experience required.
• Excellent planning, administrative skills required.
• Good oral and written communication and customer service skills required.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Experience with an enterprise wide management information system required.
• Ability to work well independently and as a team member required.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast-paced environment with multiple and rapidly changing priorities required.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.Preferred Qualifications
• Associates degree preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Five (5) years of clerical experience within a college or university setting preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft PowerPoint preferred.
• Banner preferred.
• Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze data and information and assist management with planning, problem solving and decision making preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
TESTING FOR THIS POSITION:
Office Grammar & Spelling
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on July 2, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankVSalary Range$15.70 - $20.60Job Posting Open Date06/05/2019Job Posting Close DateType of PositionClassifiedJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Tchnology Diversity Career Fair
- Al Dia - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have at least five (5) years of clerical experience?
- * Do you have experience utilizing an enterprise-wide information system?
- * Do you have previous experience using the Banner by Ellucian system?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft PowerPoint?
- * Do you have five (5) years of clerical experience within a college or university setting?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application