Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Part-Time)
Locations:: Roxbury Crossing, MA
Posted:: Jun 19, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Part Time
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community including people of color, recent immigrants and nontraditional populations. The College mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Responsible for the recruitment of players as directed by the Head Women's Basketball Coach and consistent with NJCAA rules and regulations.
2. Implement instructional practice opportunities for student-athletes.
3. Organize, Administer and Implement the Women's Basketball Program.
4. Responsible for scouting opposing teams and supervising games.
5. Develop pre-season conditioning program for student-athletes.
6. Promote activities for the program.
7. Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Head Women's Basketball Coach or Director of Athletics.
- Experience in coaching, playing at a higher education institution or high school level required.
- Bachelor's Degree, Masters Degree Preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Institutional, NJCAA and/ or NCAA policies and procedures, Roxbury Community College rules and conference rules are required.
- Knowledge of recruiting in Massachusetts, specifically the Greater Boston Area, and the ability to evaluate high school players for talent to play on the Women's Basketball team of the College are required.
- Ability to instruct basketball related skills.
- Ability to exhibit good judgement.
- Support the Division's Collaborative Mission.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Ability to work flexible hours (nights & weekends) required.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
Interested applicants must submit resume and cover letter.