Department:: Enrollment Center
Locations:: Roxbury Crossing, MA
Posted:: Jun 19, 2019
Closes:: Jul 31, 2019 - 11:59 PM EDT
Type:: Full Time
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community, including people of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The Clerk V will provide front line administrative support for all of the registration and admissions functions of the Enrollment Center. She/he will provide excellent customer service to the general public, prospective students, matriculated students, College faculty, College staff and College administrators.
- Processes admissions on-line and paper admissions applications, registration forms, add/drop forms and withdrawal forms, transcripts, and enrollment verifications utilizing Jenzabar;
- Answers and screens telephone calls, providing routine information regarding the registration and admission processes, capturing contact information from inquiring students for follow up, and directing calls to appropriate Enrollment Center staff;
- Prepares and generates correspondence to inquiring, prospective, new, and continuing students
- Provides accurate information to students and visitors about College programs. Directs walk-ins to appropriate Enrollment Center staff member and/or to other College departments;
- Generates letters to prospective students and then maintains regular letter flow to students;
- Files materials such as correspondence, educational documents, reports, applications, etc. in accordance with the prescribed procedures;
- Receives and distributes incoming mail, memoranda, packages, etc. to appropriate individuals;
- Maintains tracking system for all new student inquiries utilizing Jenzabar;
- Operates standard and specialized office machines and equipment;
- Maintains files for applicants and students;
- Scanning documents for document imaging and retrieval processes;
- Covers the Enrollment Center counter providing excellent customer service
- Schedules students for information sessions, campus tours, new student orientations, recruitment activities, and special events and assist with the preparation for and delivery of these events including preparation of packages of materials and literature mailed in advance of or distributed at these events;
- Other related duties as assigned by the Registrar, Assistant Director of Admissions, and by the Dean of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs
Applicants must have at least (A) four years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office work, of which (B) at least one year must have been in a supervisory or administrative capacity, or (C) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
This is a Full-Time AFSCME position, with Full Benefits.
Compensation: The salary is determined according to the guidelines and salary structure of the AFSCME Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.edu/clery.
Application Deadline: Application will be accepted until July 31, 2019.
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 References