Dean, Divisions of Post-licensure & Masters Nursing, School of Nursing, IWU-National & ...
DEAN, DIVISIONS OF POST-LICENSURE AND MASTERS NURSING, IWU-NATIONAL & GLOBAL, SCHOOL OF NURSING
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports to the Vice President Academic Affairs, SON.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provideleadership to Post-licensure and Masters Nursing programs, ensuring compliancewith accreditation standards.
- Manageresource allocation, including fiscal/ budgetary issues, workload, and deliveryof instructional programs
- Supervise assigned professional and support staff.
- Participate in recruitment, hiring, and evaluation of faculty and administrative positions.
- Collaborate with university services (Students Services, Adult Enrollment Services, Financial Aid, Regulatory Compliance, and Budgeting) in areas of common concern.
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with the community.
- Support student success and retention by working with program coordinators, faculty, advisers, and students while maintaining confidentiality of vital information.
- Leadstrategic planning and dissemination of the vision for Post-licensure andMasters Nursing programs.
- Teach three credit hours annually.
- Remote accessibility is needed to accomplish duties and responsibilities on short notice when away from office as well as from time to time being “on call” outside of normal office hours.
- Other duties as assigned by the VPAA of the SON.
According to Indiana Wesleyan University’s employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.Education:
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field.Advanced degree in nursing required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures representing a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles.Minimum of three years’ experience in teaching in baccalaureate and higher degree program(s).Minimum of three years administrative or management experience in higher education.
- Applicant must hold a valid, unencumbered, Indiana RN license upon hire
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer