Clinical Care Manager
Clinical Care Manager
Job Number: 83555
Job Title: Clinical Care Manager
Division/School: Vice Provost for Student Affairs
Job Code: 4602
Schedule: Full time
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Job Code: 4602
Job Grade: H
If you are ready to work for an organization that nurtures diversity, respect, professional development and a comfortable work-life fit, we invite you to explore this opportunity and apply online for the position of Clinical Care Manager for the Vaden Health Center, a unit of the Division of Student Affairs.
Vaden Health Center is proud to be part of Student Affairs, which advances student development and learning; fosters community engagement; promotes diversity, inclusion and respect; and empowers students to thrive.
Provide comprehensive case management to students as they transition through different levels of mental health care which may include hospitalization, residential, day, and ongoing outpatient treatment programs.
- Provide comprehensive mental health care services and programs to a subgroup of students requiring additional clinical and logistical support.
- Liaise between center and other resources, and actively participate in developing care plans including facilitating referrals and providing support for leaves and returns to the university
- Contribute to providing clinical and educational services to students and staff
- Provide crisis assessment, intervention, and management to students of concern or in crisis; assess need for higher level of care.
- Assist with situations involving students with complex needs, including crisis consultations and hospitalizations.
- Evaluate and respond to emergency situations as needed; provide consultation to campus for urgent/crisis situations.
- Track students of concern or students requiring higher levels of care, and participate in treatment planning for these students.
- Provide direct clinical services such as brief individual therapy, skills groups and group therapy
- Participate in center meetings and development activities; complete special projects as assigned.
- Work with faculty and administrators in consultation, outreach, and other collaborative initiatives
Education & Experience:
Master's degree in social work or psychology or related field and two years post-degree experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in clinical skills in evaluation, crisis intervention, and case management.
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to interact with diverse constituencies.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills (verbal and written).
Certifications and Licenses:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in California
- Frequently sit and perform desk based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand/walk, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, use a telephone, and write by hand.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above
- shoulders, grasp forcefully; sort/file paperwork or parts, scrub/sweep/mop/chop/mix, operate foot
- and/or hand controls, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Job requires night, overnight or on-call availability, weekends and holidays.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Experience a culture of excellence.
Stanford University, located in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Finalist candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment background check.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4602
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 83555
Location: Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency