Administrative Research Assistant
This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the NSF INCLUDES program activities. The Project Administrative Assistant will be hired for 35 hrs./week to assist with achieving the objectives and developing materials for recruitment and retention activities, help PI prepare and collect data for the annual program evaluation, collect and process student applications, prepare requisitions, assisting with preparing, collecting and analyzing student evaluations, and ensure the smooth and efficient communication and management of the project.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesList the primary job duties and responsibilities
- Provides staff and office support; serves as a primary point of contact and liaison between the office, students, and staff members on a range of day-to day issues.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings and special events; schedules and coordinates dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas, and facilities; takes minutes, and provides administrative support and follow-up on matters arising from meetings.
- Composes and prepares written documentation and correspondence for the office; screens and evaluates incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepares responses as appropriate.
- Leads and guides the work of lower graded staff and/or student employees, as appropriate; may participate in training and evaluative sessions.
- Coordinates and oversees the day-to-day management of supplies, equipment, and facilities for the organization, as appropriate, to include maintenance inventory management, logistics, security, and related activities.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assisgned
- The above mentioned duties and responsibilities are representative of nature and level of work assigned are not necessarily all-inclusive
Minimum: Undergraduate degree or Associate's degree required. More than one
year of related experience required.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs; Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in the management of files and records.
- Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of and experience with statistical packages
- Must be able to work in team environment
- Must have positive attitude
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record
Ability to work outdoors and indoor; Ability to lift and carry items up to 40 lbs. as needed including evening and weekend work and travel.
This work is mostly standing and bending to work in an office and Labs.
Title(s) of positions that this incumbent will supervise: Dr. Sarwan Dhir
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the incumbent will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.