Academic Assistant for Virtual Technology
The academic technology assistant position provides support for Lake Forest College’s virtual reality initiatives relating to the academic program. This position will coordinate operational aspects of the virtual reality space and equipment including student worker management, support of faculty in the use of equipment and selection of programs, and overall maintenance of the space. Additional duties in support of broader academic technology initiatives may be assigned as time permits. This is a part-time position of up to 20 hours per week.
- Work with and coordinate student employees in the Virtual Reality Space to ensure proper training, safety, and record keeping.
- Engage campus with virtual and augmented reality experiences at scheduled events throughout the academic year.
- With instruction from the Director of Academic Technology, research VR programming with emphasis on college-level academics that are in alignment with current courses across disciplines.
- Other duties as assigned when time permits in support of academic technology initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate or develop proficiency in use of virtual reality systems and related technologies such as augmented reality.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to work effectively with others to support the consistent and reliable use of technologies in the Virtual Reality Space.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and to collaborate effectively with others to incorporate academic technologies into instruction.
- Ability to adapt to new challenges and changing priorities, and to take initiative in recognizing, analyzing, and constructively solving problems.
- Ability engage with faculty, staff, and students in various physical locations across campus as needed.
- Flexibility to work at times other than standard business hours (occasional night and weekend days).
- Ability to lift 30 pounds as part of standard equipment maintenance and set-up.
- College degree
- Keen interest in technology
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,500 undergraduate students from over 47 states and 78 countries. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women and other members of historically underrepresented groups.