Dean for Nursing and Health Professions
The Dean for Nursing and Health Professions reports to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and has responsibility for the development, coordination, oversight, and assessment of Registered Nursing, Licensed Practical Nursing, Surgical Technology, Emergency Medical Technical, Paramedic, Certified Nursing Assistant, Phlebotomy, Patience Care Technician, and the IGNITE Health Professions programs, courses, and faculty for campuses at Newport, Marked Tree, and Jonesboro and all other ASUN instructional locations.
The Dean for Nursing and Allied Health must demonstrate strong leadership, management, and development skills to support the programs, and faculty in teaching, industry partnership, and service. This role supports the College’s mission of providing and ensuring quality educational programs for ASUN’s various constituencies.
This position is an administrative appointment and will be housed on the Newport campus but will work on all ASUN campus locations as well as clinical facilities and other industry partner organizations as needed. This position will provide direct supervision to the Director of Surgical Technology, Director of Health Professions, Director of Nursing, Director of Emergency Medical Services, and the Nursing and Health Professions Academic Coordinator while ensuring compliance with the Office of Long Term Care, Arkansas State Board of Nursing, and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
· A Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
· A minimum of 4 years of demonstrated work evidence of high-level partnership capacity building and advisory committee development and leadership, preferably at the two-year college level.
· A minimum of two-years of two-year college teaching experience or industry experience (or a combination of the two), and two years of supervisory experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Promotes, develops, and assesses quality programs that align with local industry needs.
· Cultivates and maintains strong industry and community partnerships to ensure local support and demand for applied sciences program graduates.
· Represents the Nursing and Health Professions Division on the Academic Institutional Council and serves as a conduit for information to and from the other Academic Divisions, faculty, and staff.
· Exercises effective administrative and management skills through collegial communication with other ASUN departments.
· Provides effective management of fiscal policies and procedures within the Nursing and Health Professions Division.
· Actively participates in partnerships geared toward resource acquisition, support, and funding to sustain program infrastructure, growth, and sustainability.
· Models effective decision making skills through use of the principles of shared leadership through open communication.
· Leads implementation of plans for assessment and improvement of student learning in the Nursing and Health Professions Division, assists in accreditation efforts and oversees regular program reviews.
· Prepares and recommends for approval the budget for the Nursing and Health Professions Division.
· Recommends qualified faculty for appointment, promotion, and retention.
· Oversees laboratory and training facilities and coordinates appropriate safety guidelines, training, and equipment in conjunction with other Academic Deans.
· Facilitates the student grievance process for issues within the Nursing and Health Professions Division,
· Coordinates special events related to the Nursing and Allied Health Division.
· Serves on college-wide committees, special project teams, state and local committees, and community service and civic committees as needed, and acts as a professional and positive representative of the College.
· Maintaining the expectations set forth by the Arkansas Board of Nursing and the Arkansas Rural Nursing Education Consortium (ARNEC).
· Develops and maintains records and reports needed for programmatic approval and accreditation.
· Coordinates course schedules for all Nursing and Health Professions programs.
How to Apply
More information about Arkansas State University-Newport and a full job description is available at www.asun.edu. Interested applicants may apply online at https://jobs.talent.dynamics.com/jobs/asun.edu/2?page=1 . Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts and references along with their online application. Nominations or other inquiries may be directed to Human Resources at [email protected]
Official Transcripts should be mailed to:
Dean for Nursing and Health Professions
Department of Human Resources
7648 Victory Blvd
Newport, AR 72112