Payables Compliance Analyst
This position is the primary touchpoint for the continual review of departmental procedures and implementation (as needed) of processes and practices in Accounts Payables. The Payables Analyst is the overall responsible for compliance and implementation of internal controls for the Payables department operations.
- Analysis of vendor’s transactions for preparation of 1099 information for the annual filing requirement with IRS. Reviewing processes for strategic improvements and implementation of Lean principals. Tax law and regulation research to insure tax compliance and proper reporting
- Assist Accounts Payable team with gathering support for all audits.
- Analysis of list of outstanding checks, identification and processing of stale checks, collaboration with University departments in order to ensure proper payment processing and appropriate accounting.
- Research and deliver solution for a variety of internal and external inquiries concerning interpretation of business transactions, method of payment, account status and efficient processing.
- Process international wire transactions, analysis of currency conversion and transaction charges.
- Investigate international payment issues, provide consultation to departments paying foreign individuals, and offer suggestions for continuous process improvement.
- Staying current on Payables regulatory requirements, continuing education and best practices in Payables. Staying current on software changes and new system functionality and troubleshooting current problems with the Banner, BuyWay, Chrome River, Form Stack software applications. Implementing Lean practices and encouraging Lean participation in Accounts Payable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Experience with complex ERP systems, web-based applications for financial transactions and expense management, document imaging systems and electronic payment methods. Excellent communication skills
- 2-3 year of Accounts Payable and Business Operations experience, or a combination of education and experience of 5 years
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to works with representatives from various departments and outside vendors
EO/AA Statement and Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html (http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html), which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225.