Ag Extension Special Projects Coord
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title Ag Extension Special Projects Coord Requisition Number RE18873 Working Title Director of Urban Programming Department Name 81170:Program and Staff Development Work Location Louisville, KY Grade Level 00 Salary Range Type of Position Staff Position Time Status Full-Time Required Education
No set minimum requirements.Click here for more information about equivalencies: http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies Required Related Experience
No set minimum requirements.Required License/Registration/Certification
Sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods; performing repetitive motion tasks; intermittent job-related travel; effectively communicating with individuals from diverse backgrounds and varied professional levels; occasionally lifting objects up to 10 lbs.Shift
Primarily days; some evening and weekend functions as needed.Job Summary
The College of Agriculture, Food and Environment seeks a Director of Urban Programming. The Director of Urban Programming develops and implements targeted programs for serving urban communities to broaden the scope, reach and impact of UK Cooperative Extension. Responsibilities include needs assessment, development and implementation of new programs as well as modification of existing programs to serve client needs. Responsibility shall also include developing methods of providing existing programs to underserved populations such as inner city groups, immigrant groups and non-English speaking groups. The Director shall identify whether there are underserved populations in areas of Kentucky outside urban settings that can benefit from programming developed for these urban community clientele.
IEBC – Internal Employee Being ConsideredSkills / Knowledge / Abilities
Microsoft OfficeDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? Yes Preferred Education/Experience Deadline to Apply 06/24/2019 University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have with Extension?
- More than 0, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Have you ever participated in any performance improvement or organizational change projects?
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have providing community leadership?
- More than 10
- * How many years of public relations and advocacy experience do you have at a higher education institution?
- More than 10
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience in which you were responsible for facilitating relationships with advisory councils and/or other governmental organizations.
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter