Asst Coach, Men's Basketball
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Asst Coach, Men's Basketball
Job ID 3613
Location Lincoln Park Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
In accordance with the mission of the Department of Athletics, assist in administering the progress and success of the intercollegiate men’s basketball program within the guidelines of the NCAA, the BIG EAST Conference and DePaul University. This includes all pre-season, in-season and post-season activities necessary to the development of a nationally-competitive team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist in coordinating the evaluation, recruitment, preparation and development of all student-athletes.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA rules, policies and procedures pertaining to men’s basketball.
- Attend and participate in monthly NCAA rules compliance meetings.
- Assist in monitoring and encouraging the scholastic progress of student-athletes in conjunction with the Athletic Academic Advising Office, so as to promote their academic success.
- Assist in the development of the annual traditional and non-traditional competition schedule under the direction of the Athletic Director, in conjunction with NCAA regulations.
- Assist with adherence to the program’s budget, in conjunction with the Athletic Business Office.
- Work with Business Office on travel arrangements, equipment purchases, and expense reports.
- Establish and maintain quality relationships with alumni and support organizations (Athletic Advisory Council, “D” Club, Blue Crew, etc.) of DePaul University.
- Serve as the department’s liaison on all public relation and promotional activities for the men’s basketball program and work with the Athletic Development Office to solicit gifts.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10 years coaching experience.
- 10 years coaching experience, at the NCAA Division I level.
- Assist Head Coach in supervision of four full time staff and three to five volunteer and student assistant coaches and student managers.
Certifications & Licenses
- Annual NCAA Recruiting certification.
- Valid driver’s license.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Dedication to serving the department, the University and the student-athletes with the highest level of leadership, initiative and integrity.
- Must be able to handle the physical demands of team practice and competition.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
- Position requires working evening and weekend hours during school year.
- Travel may be required for extended periods of time for competition and recruiting.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: