Video and Multimedia Producer
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Video and Multimedia Producer
Job ID 3614
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Reporting to the Editorial Content Manager, the Video and Multimedia Producer will support the strategic objectives and marketing initiatives of the university through the creation, management and editing of video and multimedia content for university recruitment and brand marketing initiatives. In doing so, the Video and Multimedia Producer will interface with staff, faculty and stakeholders in multiple departments across the University, and support strategic objectives and marketing initiatives of the University. He/she will act as a project manager on video tactics for university efforts, as well as execute strategic creation of video and multimedia content for university recruitment and brand marketing initiatives.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee project management for marketing video initiatives from inception to completion, including collaborating with a variety of stakeholders across the university and/or vendors in order to ensure successful implementation of video production.
- Serve as brand steward for the university, ensuring video and multimedia content integrates established brand positioning and is visually brand compliant.
- Manage prioritization of workload, balance multiple projects at one time and track work for divisional reporting.
- Produce video and multimedia content. Shoot, edit, and distribute final content in required format and ensure the technical quality of end products.
- Scout and obtain location permissions, and serve as the liaison between on-camera subjects, stakeholders, University Marketing, campus/venue staff and vendors (if used).
- Transport, set up and operate various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production.
- Provide strategic direction for video and multimedia content.
- Determine, develop, execute and manage video and/or multimedia content that enhances recruitment marketing efforts and brand initiatives.
- Recommend and facilitate multimedia/video strategies that incorporate audience-aware voice, tone and content to various University departments and University Marketing leaders.
- Track, analyze and report on video performance and user behavior to generate actionable insights, driving tactical plans and improving future marketing efforts.
- Manage the University YouTube account and other channels for multimedia as requested.
- Advise and assist with social media as requested.
- Create and manage video archives.
- Track and maintain equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience of video filming, video production and project management OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) in film, photography, marketing, advertising, communication or journalism preferred. Master's degree a plus.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience in filming, production and editing.
- Excellent creative, journalistic, interpersonal and visual storytelling skills.
- Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite software (Premier).
- Experience in analyzing analytics related to video.
- Experience in operating various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production.
- COMPETENCIES EXPECTED (Proficiency Levels Indicated for Each).
Functional Competency Expectations:
- Aesthetic Sensibility & Graphic Design (Intermediate).
- Audience Awareness (Intermediate).
- Brand Stewardship & Application (Basic).
- Consultation & Influence (Basic).
- Leveraging Technology (Intermediate).
- Writing Aptitude (Intermediate).
Foundational Competency Expectations:
- Collaboration & Teamwork (Intermediate).
- Cultural Awareness & Sensitivity to Diversity (Intermediate).
- Effective Communication (Intermediate).
- Mission Focus & Institutional Knowledge (Intermediate).
- Project Management & Organization (Mastery).
- Relationship & Network Building (Basic).
Sustaining Competency Expectations:
- Change Acumen (Basic).
- Conflict Management (Basic).
- Continuous Improvement (Basic).
- Education Industry Acumen (Intermediate).
- Learning Agility (Intermediate).
- Self-Awareness (Intermediate).
- Systems Thinking (Basic).
Strategic Competency Expectations:
- Creativity & Innovative Thinking (Intermediate).
- Thought Leadership (Basic).
- Visionary & Strategic Orientation (Basic).
- Moderate physical activity required.
- Requires handling of objects up to 40 pounds, standing and/or walking for filming.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: