Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dickinson College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for this position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.Posting Details Position Information Posting NumberS00866Position TitleOfficerWorking TitlePosition NumberPay Grade/CategorySr. Contributor / Administrator APosition TypeNon-exempt Division and Department Information DivisionStudent DevelopmentDepartmentPublic Safety Posting Information Job Summary/Basic Function
The Officer position is a armed, sworn campus law enforcement officer.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing a safety and security presence on campus by application of conscientious vehicle and foot patrol;
- Responding to and investigating crimes reported, vehicle accidents,medical emergencies, fire and security alarms, and other hazards on college property;
- Enforcing applicable state criminal codes, and college policies and parking regulations;
- Conducting safety and security inspections of buildings and grounds; opening and securing campus buildings;
- Completing written incident reports and necessary forms related to law enforcement duties.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and a valid driver’s license;
- Valid Drivers License: Must have been in possession of a valid operator’s license for not less than three (3) years and the license must have been in good standing without interruption during that time period.
- Prior law enforcement or campus security experience;
- PA Act 235 Lethal Weapons training or the ability to obtain this certification within 3 months of hire; superior oral and written communication skills; and the
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse populations.
- Successful candidates must also satisfactorily complete psychological testing, a medical exam, drug screening, a criminal history check, and a comprehensive background examination. Must meet the vision standards set by the PA State Police as part of Act 235.
- Successful candidate will also be required to complete ACT 153 Clearance.
College degree in an appropriate area of specialization; prior law enforcement or military police certification; experience working at an institution of higher education; supervisory experience.A valid Driver's Licence is required. Employees (operators) must have been in possession of a valid operator’s license for not less than three (3) years and the license must have been in good standing without interruption during that time period.YesSuccessful candidate will also be required to complete ACT 153 ClearanceYesThis position is considered "Emergency Staff." As such they may be required to report to work even when the college is closed or is operating under a delayed start.YesPhysical Demands Work Schedule Advertised Work Schedule
Various shift work, weekends, holiday’sNumber of hours/day8Number of hours/week40Proposed Start Date07/08/2019 Posting Detail Information Posting DateOpen Until FilledYesClosing Date06/24/2019Application Review Begin DateIs this a Temporary Position?NoFull-Time/Part-TimeFull TimeIf Full-Time, please specify12 month full-time (52 weeks)If Part-Time, please specifyNot ApplicableEEO/Diversity Statement
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Employee Referral
- Jobs at Dickinson (http://jobs.dickinson.edu)
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News
- Referral from Dickinson staff, faculty, friend or family member
- Sentinel Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Yahoo Jobs
- The Guide
- Other Website
- Inside Higher Ed
- Another College website
- Academic Careers
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application