Academic Department Coordinator
Academic Department Coordinator
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dickinson College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for this position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.Posting Details Position Information Posting NumberS00861Position TitleAcademic Department CoordinatorWorking TitleAcademic Department Coordinator - East Asia StudiesPosition NumberPay Grade/CategoryIntermediate Contributor CPosition TypeNon-exempt Division and Department Information DivisionAcademic AffairsDepartmentEast Asia Studies Posting Information Job Summary/Basic Function
The position manages the administrative, financial, and human resource operations for one or more academic departments. The position functions with limited supervision to complete the administrative requirements for the area in order to handle constant and evolving priorities as well as to fulfill regular deadline pressures for operational and reporting requirements.
- Administrative management of department. Provides administrative support to chair and faculty members with limited supervision; liaison between student, other offices, and outside constituents for information and recruitment; coordinate faculty searches/hiring and promotion/tenure reviews process; provides classroom support and administers course evaluations; performs specialized administrative duties as required to support the function of the department not limited to grants and philanthropic activities.
- Documents and maintains department records and information. Maintains appropriate records to include syllabi, course/advisee information, and reviews plus collects and enters data for course offerings abiding by all governmental and institutional privacy and confidentially regulations; produces correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Directs department events and projects. Coordinates logistics of department events, activities, field trips, lecturers, and candidate visits to include arranging transportation, accommodations, venue, meals/food, itineraries, publicity, and honorariums abiding by college policies; maintains departmental websites using web CMS and photo editing software.
- Audits and monitors budget(s). Oversees financial matters for budget(s) and restricted funds to ensure financial transactions are handled properly; participates in/responsible in preparation and submission of new budget information; completes internal transfers, processes expenditures, and reports; informs chair of budgetary issues and advises expense adjustments; coordinates logistics of one or more P-Cards and completes reconciliation.
- Manages the office – student, staff, equipment, and technology support. Responsible for extensive administrative office duties; troubleshoots minor office/classroom equipment issues; manages human resource functions of student workers including hires, trains, supervises, and approves payroll; purchases/maintains office supply inventory; coordinates faculty offices and building maintenance checks.
High School degree with 1-3 years of related office experience.Preferred:
Bachelor’s degreeA valid Driver's Licence is required. Employees (operators) must have been in possession of a valid operator’s license for not less than three (3) years and the license must have been in good standing without interruption during that time period.NoSuccessful candidate will also be required to complete ACT 153 ClearanceYesThis position is considered "Emergency Staff." As such they may be required to report to work even when the college is closed or is operating under a delayed start.NoPhysical Demands Work Schedule Advertised Work ScheduleNumber of hours/day5Number of hours/week20Proposed Start Date08/01/2019 Posting Detail Information Posting DateOpen Until FilledYesClosing DateApplication Review Begin Date06/24/2019Is this a Temporary Position?NoFull-Time/Part-TimePart TimeIf Full-Time, please specifyNot ApplicableIf Part-Time, please specify9 month part-timeEEO/Diversity Statement
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Employee Referral
- Jobs at Dickinson (http://jobs.dickinson.edu)
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News
- Referral from Dickinson staff, faculty, friend or family member
- Sentinel Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Yahoo Jobs
- The Guide
- Other Website
- Inside Higher Ed
- Another College website
- Academic Careers
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application