MGR MARKETING & SALES
Position DetailsPosition Details Job Title MGR MARKETING & SALES Position Number 8101409 Job Category University Staff Job Type Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Campus Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campus Department Name CONFERENCE SERVICES Location Code CONFERENCE SERVICES (07040A) Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategic sales efforts to maximize revenue streams while minimize costs and expenses.
- Work with management to implement marketing and sales plans for multiple departments (Student Complex, Conference Services, LUMA, Cuneo, LUREC).
- Develop sales and marketing collateral for print and web based campaigns to generate revenue opportunities facility and unique venue rentals.
- Manage advertising schedules/agreements and ad/media placement.
- Develop a sustainability plan for marketing green meetings and events on all Loyola’s campuses, with a large focus on Lake Shore/ Water Tower campuses.
- Create a sustainable events planning checklist, advertises facilities to green organizations and event planners.
- Provide information regarding space/venue availability and pricing for usage/rentals.
- Develop new marketing collateral for Baumhart Hall supporting all services including hotel/airbnb opportunities and 24 hour concierge service, etc.
- Provide marketing and sales support for programs such as the Challenge Course and overnight retreats at LUREC to help attract new business.
- Develop customized email blasts and media kits to reach external youth/ student groups, sports teams, and corporate organizations.
- Work with Cuneo Mansion and Gardens to effectively market year-round programming including lectures, exhibitions, theater performances, summer concerts, holiday events, and other special events. Collaborates with four preferred caterers (Bauer’s Catering, Blue Plate, Catered by Design, and Phil Stephani Signature Events) at Cuneo Mansion and Gardens to ensure the venue is marketed effectively for wedding receptions/dinners and corporate events at the mansion.
- Manage all social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, and the newly launched Pintrest and Flickr accounts for Conference Services, Cuneo Mansion and Gardens, and Loyola’s Retreat and Ecology Campus, LUMA, Baumhart Hall, Student Complex, Campus Recreations.
- Monitor Google Analytics for Conference Services, Cuneo Mansion and Gardens, and Loyola’s Retreat and Ecology Campus, LUMA, Baumhart Hall, Student Complex, Campus Recreations to evaluate website performance and determine ROI from third party advertising sources.
- Manage websites- Conference Services, Cuneo Mansion and Gardens, and Loyola’s Retreat and Ecology Campus, LUMA, Baumhart Hall, Student Complex, Campus Recreations to ensure content is up-to-date.
- Manage marketing budget for Conference Services, Cuneo Mansion and Gardens, and Loyola’s Retreat and Ecology Campus, LUMA, Baumhart Hall, Student Complex, Campus Recreations to ensure all advertising dollars are tracked and that budgets are not exceeded.
- Plans annual open houses for external clients interested in utilizing space/venues at each of the four campuses- Lake Shore, Water Tower, Retreat and Ecology, and Cuneo Mansion and Gardens to increase community exposure and highlight facilities to meeting/ event planners.
- Attend national conferences and local industry networking events to promote and generate new business leads.
- Work with our campus food service provider on joint marketing opportunities for food services through dining and catering for events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and at least three-five years of professional experience in marketing, sales or relevant field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.Qualifications
- Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills required.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Must act with the highest levels of personal and professional integrity/honesty in all dealings.
- Must project an image reflecting the University’s high standards.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications.Supervisory Responsibilities No Required operation of university owned vehicles No Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? No Physical Demands Repetitive Motions Working Conditions Irregular Hours Open Date 06/17/2019 Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Posting http://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/11360 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you posses a bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing or related area?
- * Do you have a minimum of three years of work experience in marketing and media planning?
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application