Temporary Recruiter, School of Law Admissions
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Temporary Recruiter opportunity within the School of Law Admissions team.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
The University of St. Thomas School of Law is seeking a temporary seasonal recruiter to assist with the planning and implementation of recruitment program activities for the fall recruitment season. This positions reports to and will work closely with the Assistant Dean of Admissions.
The Seasonal Recruiter will travel extensively from September-November to fairs and forum throughout the country. Extensive overnight travel is required. This is a temporary nonexempt position and is not eligible for benefits.
- Serve as one of the primary contacts for travel and provide coverage of regional and national recruitment events.
- Host visits, respond to email, and hold telephone conversations with prospective students to address their specific questions and concerns.
- Develop relationships with prospective students and participates in off-campus recruitment efforts. This position will help coordinate on- and off-campus programs and counsel students regarding the admissions and financial aid process.
- Assist the admissions effort of the School of Law, including managing admissions-related projects, managing and reporting recruitment data, and planning recruiting events.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- One year of applicable experience
- Strong verbal communication skills including effective public speaking, written communication and organizational skills
- Must be willing and available to travel nationally – including overnight travel. Timing is August – November 2019
- J.D. degree
- Strong knowledge of St. Thomas School of Law
- Previous experience in admissions
- Knowledge of ABA and LSAC Standards.
HOW TO APPLYOn the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer