Associate Director of Development Georgetown University Law Center
Associate Director of Development Georgetown University Law Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Associate Director, Law Center Development - Georgetown University Law Center
The Advancement Office of the Law Center is charged with raising funds to advance the institution's mission and achieve goals set forth by the Executive Vice President of the Law Center/Dean of the Law School and the Assistant Dean of Development & Alumni Affairs. Major fund raising objectives of the Law Center and the University include increasing the percentage of law alumni who make charitable gifts to the institution, increasing the average dollar amount per gift to the Law Center, and increasing the total dollars raised.
As a member of the Law Development staff, The Associate Director is charged with identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding gifts to the Law Center in the $100,000 to $1,000,000 range in support of these objectives. This position requires travel. The Associate Director has duties that include but are not limited to:
Major Gift Research, Identifications, Cultivation and Solicitation
- Identifies potential major gift prospects in assigned geographic areas.
- Develops a strategy for visiting 150 potential major gift prospects each year at various stages of the fundraising continuum - discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- When required, facilitates visits for the Dean, the Assistant Dean of Development & Alumni Affairs, the Executive Director of Director of Development, and/or other faculty or external relations team members.
- Provides counsel to Executive Director of Development and other members of the development and alumni relations staff regarding strategies for prospect targeting and solicitation.
Follow Up and Stewardship
- Completes the appropriate follow up from visits in a timely manner, including action/call reports (PRM/GAMBIT entries); thank you letters; proposal preparation; and responses to special requests by those visited.
- Provides “action/call” reports regarding the visited potential major gift prospects, the content of conversations, and appropriate follow up.
- Coordinates planned giving marketing with appropriate campus offices.
University and Law Center Representation
- Partners with the Georgetown University Office of Gift Planning when appropriate
- Serves as a liaison between the Law Center and the University and alumni by attending University events as requested by the Executive Director.
- Helps to cultivate alumni by serving as a point of contact and reference for offices such as the Office of Career Services; the Continuing Legal Education Office; the Alumni Office; the Communications Office, the Associate Dean's Office, and the Dean's Office.
- When requested, represents the Law fund raising staff at University meetings, conferences and seminars as deemed appropriate.
Special Events Support
- Helps support special events for the Alumni, Development and Dean's office as necessary - for example, Law Reunion Weekend, Special Donor Recognition events, and events for any specific fund raising campaigns.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of major gift and planned giving fund raising experience, with demonstrated success in personal solicitations of $100,000 or more - preference for experience in development and gift planning within higher education
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both with alumni, friends and parents of Georgetown University Law Center; and with the administration, faculty, and staff of the Law Center
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience in development and gift planning within higher education
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Law-Center/Associate-Director-of-Development----Georgetown-University-Law-Center_JR06823
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency