Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number SF00803 Job Title Admission Officer Position Number 108417 FTE 1.00 FLSA Exempt Position Type Professional Staff Union PSA/NEA - Professional Staff Assoc Pay Grade Level 10 Pay Grade Range $54,357 - $68,007 Status Calendar Year, Full-time, Permanent Department Information Department Undergraduate Admission Contact(s) Contact Phone/Extension Contact Email Physical Demands Campus Location Kingston Grant Funded No Extension Contingency Notes Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for reviewing the first-year applications from an assigned territory and for making admission decisions on those applications. Responsible for regular counselor of the day coverage, presentations at information sessions, assisting with recruiting events, and for representing the University at high school visits and college fairs in assigned territories. Assist with the work of the Special Populations team as the admission recruiter, application reviewer, and liaison for the Talent Development program as well as other diversity and special population recruitment initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Read and evaluate candidate credentials and maintain related correspondence.
As part of the Counselor of the Day responsibilities, counsel individual applicants and family members.
Conduct and participate in both in- and out-of-state recruitment activities (i.e. college nights and fairs, high school visits, etc.).
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform additional duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers, printers, word processing, database management, and spreadsheet software. Must provide own transportation.Required Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Minimum one year of experience in an educational setting focused on access and opportunity for students from underrepresented groups and disadvantaged backgrounds.
3. Demonstrated strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
5. Demonstrated public speaking skills.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of issues experienced by students from underrepresented groups and disadvantaged backgrounds.
7. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
8. Must provide own transportation.Preferred Qualifications
1. Demonstrated familiarity with the undergraduate programs at the University of Rhode Island.
2. Demonstrated experience as a college student enrolled in or as a professional working with Talent Development, TRIO, or a similar program serving underrepresented, disadvantaged, or first-generation students.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Environmental Conditions
The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.Posting Date 06/17/2019 Closing Date 07/05/2019 Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) The names and contact information of three professional references.Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.uri.edu/postings/5106 Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree?
- * Do you have a minimum one year of experience in an educational setting focused on access and opportunity for students from underrepresented groups and disadvantaged backgrounds?
- * Do you have demonstrated strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated public speaking skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated knowledge of issues experienced by students from underrepresented groups and disadvantaged backgrounds?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations?
- * Are you able to provide own transportation?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral