Assistant Director Budget Services
DescriptionThe Budget Center facilitates uniform, strategic, and transparent budget processes across the University. The Budget Center is a service organization that provides information and analysis to decision makers, enabling them to align program priorities with resources. Staffed with full-time finance professionals, the Budget Center relieves schools and other units of most financial administration, thereby presenting these areas with opportunities to redirect staff effort or reduce costs.
Serves as Budget Center business partner for a single school or unit providing budgeting and planning advice, guidance and information to meet customers’ financial planning needs. Responsible for managing assigned Budget Analysts.
- 5+ years’ experience with budgeting and financial management.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior staff across an organization.
- Demonstrated experience managing staff.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Budget/financial management knowledge/expertise as is typically acquired through Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- MBA or other advanced degree in financial management or accounting.
- Higher education experience.
- Experience managing information systems.
- Experience with organizational transformation.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Finance and Accounting
Organization: Office of Budget & Planning
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jun 17, 2019, 8:36:23 AM