Business & Technology Applications Analyst
Posting DetailsJob Posting Information Vacancy TypeSHRAIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoTime Limited?NoTime-Limited Appointment LengthTitleBusiness & Technology Applications AnalystBand LevelJourneyWorking TitleBusiness & Technology Applications AnalystSalary Range$43,590 - $113,228Anticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with Experience ($66,000 - $90,000)Salary Grade Equivalency76Position Number00046477Work Schedule40 hrs/wk (Monday - Friday / 8:00 am-5:00 pm or 7:00 am-4:00 pm)Does the regular and recurring schedule of this position result in the employee working more than ½ of their hours between 4 pm and 8 am? (Meal periods do not count).NoFull Time Equivalent (FTE)1.00Department110705 - Dairy Records ProcessingDepartmentCollege of Agriculture and Life SciencesJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
Dairy Records Management Systems (DRMS) provides herd management records and software to dairy farmers located in 44 states and Puerto Rico. Dairy farmers are members of Dairy Herd Improvement Associations (DHIAs). DRMS aggregates and edits the data that has been keyed into its software by DHIA technicians at any of the 15,000+ dairy farms. It merges the farm data with results of lab analyses for milk samples collected from each cow and produces management reports that are mailed from one of six mail centers. DRMS develops all of its own software that is used for data collection, lab management, data merging, record computation, report generation, print center management and data backup.Essential Job Duties
The primary purpose of the position is research, design, implement and maintain dairy management software and related infrastructure. The position is responsible for the quality of all systems across the enterprise. This includes all distributed applications (desktop and mobile). The quality assessment of centralized processing affects 14,000 clients and 2.2m animal records processed per month, as well as data exchanges with government agencies (USDA, APHIS) and allied industries.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and propose design alternatives for dairy management applications and supporting infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain dairy management applications and supporting infrastructure.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of existing development tools and methods (Delphi, C#, object-oriented design principles, database technologies, modern software development practices).
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of DRMS products and technical environments, to include PCDART and other systems.
- Participate in design and planning meetings with other developers, field support staff members, and management.
- Plan product outcomes in conjunction with other technical and management staff members.
- Communicate progress, issues, and recommendations to management and other team members.
- Organize assigned tasks (to include complex and minor projects) in manner that allows objectives and timelines to be satisfied.
- Monitor progress independently, and communicate with other team members when additional resources are needed or scope adjustments must be made.
- Develop and maintain code in a highly organized and maintainable manner.
Function in a staff of 12 developers responsible for PC, handheld, mainframe, and web applications.Minimum Experience/Education
Bachelor’s degree with nine credit hours in programming and one year of experience in business application consulting or development; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Provide analysis, design, programming, and testing for desktop Windows PC applications linked to a central database.
- Demonstrated performance using at least one object oriented language (such as C#, Delphi, C++, Java) is required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are necessary.
The degree of supervision will vary based on the successful candidate’s experience.Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Delphi experience.
- MS/SQL or MySQL experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a strong ability to interpret customer requirements into business rules.
Please attach a resume and contact information for three professional references. Cover letter is optional.Job Open Date08/02/2018Must Be Open Until---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)06/20/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date07/15/2019Alternate Option
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Business & Technology Applications Analyst.
- Bachelor's with 9+ semester hours in computer programming and at least 1 year experience in business application consulting or development.
- Master's or Doctorate in any major with at least nine semester hours in computer programming.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate in any field with fewer than 9 semester hours in computer programming AND at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Combination of post high school education w/ 9+ semester hours in computer programming and/or related experience to equal at least 5 years (ex: 3 yrs toward degree & 2 yrs related exp).
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and related experience to equal 9 years (ex. 3 years of high school and 6 years of related experience).
- None of the above.
- Contact Information for References
- Cover Letter