Part Time Office Assistant I
Position Title:Part Time Office Assistant I Position Number:11911399 Benefits Eligible:No Campus Location:Gainesville Job Close Date:06/28/2019 Salary Minimum:$12.36 / hr General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Office Assistant I on the Gainesville campus. The Office Assistant in the Office of Student Involvement will assist with day to day activities within the office and manages the Student Center during nightly hours. This position is the first point of contact for patrons of the office. The typical hours for this position are Monday through Thursday 3:30pm-8:30pm and are adjusted during class breaks, special events, and summer semester.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Office Assistant will:
- Serve as the receptionist for the office front desk, answering phone, greeting guests, and assisting students
- Provide clerical support for the staff member of the Office of Student Involvement
- Point of contact during evening hours for the Student Center; manages reservations and event needs during these times; ensures that all rooms are secured at closing.
- Maintain the calendars for the use of equipment and mascot.
- Assist with other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, providing support in other functional areas as needed and assisting with office or building events.
- Must have knowledge of personal computers and office software (Microsoft Office, Banner, EMS, etc.), office machines, and office practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork skills are essential.
- Knowledge of the concept of confidentiality and ability to apply this concept within and outside the workplace and the ability to meet officials, students, and visitors pleasantly and courteously; the ability to effectively convey information are essential.
- Ability to coordinate multiple parties’ needs and schedules is also essential.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma required.
- One (1) year of clerical support experience required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative suite is preferred
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.