English Student Assistant - Institutional Student Worker (Summer 2019)
Position Title:English Student Assistant - Institutional Student Worker (Summer 2019) Campus Location:Gainesville Job Close Date:07/01/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia English Department (Gainesville campus) seeks a motivated and organized student worker to assist in day-to-day department activities, including promoting and coordinating student events, maintaining e-mail contact with majors and minors, helping with social media, attending Open Houses, crafting promotional materials, and working with the Associate Department Head on other duties as assigned.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Promote and coordinate student events specific to the department
- Maintain English major and minor e-mail lists and send regular updates and reminders
- Help with administration of the department's social media
- Attend UNG Open Houses
- Help craft promotional materials for upper division class offerings
- Work with Associate Department Head on other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ideal candidate will possess facility and experience with written and verbal communication, public speaking, time management, and event & department promotion.
- Ideal candidate will have working familiarity with the major and with the following computer programs: InDesign (or document design software); Outlook; the GoogleSuite; Microsoft Suite; FaceBook & other social media; Canva.
- Time management is a must-have.
- Student should be willing to work the occasional weekend event.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Declared English majors who have completed gateway courses (ENGL 2050, 2230 & 1 Area C literature course) preferred
- Preferred institutional GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ideal candidate will have computer skills mentioned above
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.