Assistant Director for Career and Professional Development
The Assistant Director for Career and Professional Development is a professional 12-month, full-time position and requires regular interaction with students, faculty, and staff. The position reports to the Associate Dean of Students & Director of Career and Professional Development. Presbyterian College is a small, private, liberal arts college located in the beautiful upstate of South Carolina.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide individual and group advising on a variety of topics including major and career exploration, internship and job search strategies, and graduate school preparation for undergraduate students pursuing a pre-professional pathway (includes pre-allied health services, pre-dental, pre-medical, pre-law, pre-pharmacy, pre-theological, pre-veterinary medicine, and engineering dual-degree).
- Develop and deliver career-related programming and workshops to students in classroom settings, residence halls, and pre-professional student organizations.
- Assist with organizing, marketing, and implementing career events.
- Stay current with job opportunities and recruiting events available to students and promote accordingly.
Departmental responsibilities include:
- Participate in Campus Life team initiatives, staff meetings and committees as assigned.
- Participate in institutional effectiveness measures including annual goals, objectives, planning and assessment of learning outcomes.
- Participate in appropriate state, regional or national professional organizations.
- Participate on committees and represent the office at networking and employer outreach events.
- Perform on-call rotation duties for scheduled evenings and weekends and other duties as assigned by senior staff which requires the AD to live within 20 minutes of campus.
Qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, Counseling, Human Resources or related area.
- 1-2 years relevant experience working in career services, advising, counseling, or recruiting.
- Possess knowledge of current practices in student and career development.
- Ability to develop positive and proactive relationships with students, faculty, staff, and colleagues.
- Ability to lead and manage projects and initiatives and assess for outcomes.
- Possess excellent presentation skills and be proficient with technology, social media, and digital communication.
- Must be a coachable team member and proactive problem-solver able to balance multiple priorities.
- Must appreciate working and serving students with diverse needs and backgrounds.
Please mail a cover letter, résumé and list of three references including contact information to:
Ms. Melanie Cash, Administrative Assistant, Career and Professional Development, Presbyterian College , 503 S. Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325 or email materials to [email protected]. Anticipated start date is August 1, 2019.
Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class. Rev. 5/2019