2019-2020 Student Worker, Communications Specialist
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-06-17
Job Description SummaryThe student worker will support the Office of Communications staff in communicating the mission and core values of Saint Leo University.Job Description
- Answering phones, filing, scanning, and assisting in general office work as needed.
- Requires researching/writing/editing materials for web stories, news releases, newsletters, and magazine stories. Includes online photo archiving, managing publication storage and delivery, and other duties as assigned.
- Must be detail oriented and efficient.
- We will provide training in Adobe Acrobat, WordPress, and Photoshop as needed.
- Currently a student at Saint Leo University; Federal Work Study preferred.
- Successful completion of basic grammar, spelling, and proofreading tests.
- Marketing, Communications, or English – Professional Writing major, or skilled writer/editor.
- Federal Work Study eligibility preferred but not required.
- Telephone skills and the ability to communicate well with the general public.
- Ability to multitask.
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Work Hours- Varied for a total of 15-20 hours per week.