Academic Success Coach, International Students
The Academic Success Coach is responsible for academic advising and retention services, inclusive of mentoring and tutoring programs, workshops, activities, and other initiatives in a specific area of study. This position serves international students throughout their academic experience, from initial enrollment through graduation.
Job Description RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support international students on campus, and provide connections to university services and activities;
- Advise students individually and/or in groups regarding general education requirements, appropriate class selection, campus resources, academic policies and procedures;
- Plan and conduct academic skills programming such as reading, writing, test-taking, note-taking, time management, critical thinking, resume creation and job search skills;
- Plan and conduct training opportunities for faculty and campus staff;
- Work in collaboration with campus partners to plan and coordinate programs for international students;
- Serve as a resource for campus support services available to students, making necessary referrals to other campus support services as needed;
- Coordinate international student records management with attention to the protection of confidentiality of all student records;
- Serve as a Designated School Official;
- Support in international student career development efforts;
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in providing student services to international students.
- Knowledge of international student laws and regulations.
- Proven personal initiative, problem-solving skills and customer service etiquette.
- Disposition and proven work ethic to handle busy work cycles that include evenings and weekends.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of relevant experience.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
- Occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.